Sending Rx Drugs To The Us

Bob Chittie

A friend in the US has asked me to send him 100 or so Xanax. He doesn't have a prescription. That's the point actually. He wants to avoid the doctor's fee plus apparently they are cheaper here. Now I imagine this is illegal or at least some kind of grey area. I do see thousands of online pharmacies, many based in places like India who say that it is legal for them to ship to the US.

So does anyone have reliable info here? I'd like to help a friend, but I don't want to end up in hot water.

By the way, technically xanax is only available at the hospital here, but TIT and its widely available...

A friend in the US has asked me to send him 100 or so Xanax. He doesn't have a prescription. That's the point actually. He wants to avoid the doctor's fee plus apparently they are cheaper here. Now I imagine this is illegal or at least some kind of grey area. I do see thousands of online pharmacies, many based in places like India who say that it is legal for them to ship to the US.

So does anyone have reliable info here? I'd like to help a friend, but I don't want to end up in hot water.

By the way, technically xanax is only available at the hospital here, but TIT and its widely available...

Form what I have heard and experienced,The onlne outfits have you consult a supposedly doctor at their website and he gives you the prescription and they then ship,,for you to do it with a controlled substance you would be charged as a drug supplier or smuggler, and as such,there is very severe penalties.

But with his own prescription,he can come and buy it or go to canada or Mexico and buy it and take it back,they are doing it all the time in the USA now,sometimes on charter bus's that a lot of seniors arrange.

It is definitely NOT legal for you to send Rx drugs to your friend through the post. The online outfits get around the laws by banging up some paperwork from a doctor.

Xanax is a great drug; it is my favorite for soothing the nerves on long flights. It used to be widely available in Bangkok, but I have been having trouble lately. My usual source says that the health authorities have really clamped down.

If you have a good source, can you please PM me details? I would certainly appreciate it, as my stock is running low.

PS: this is an addictive drug, and should be used with caution.

So can the doctor be anywhere in the world or does it have to be a US doctor? If its the former, then I don't know how customs could verify. Private Dick, I'm afraid I've promised my source to keep it quiet. They're apparently pretty paranoid, but it must be such a good seller that they don't want to give it up. I would suggest the real 'Thai' areas, ie. Not the night bazaar in Chiang Mai or Kao San in Bangkok, but the places a typical thai might find themselves.

If I send 100 and write a return address of 'Joe Smith' am I safe if my friend wants to take the risk or are they going to interrogate him until he gives me up? We are talking about just 100 pills, not a big time smuggling operation or anything...

And yes, its all quite addictive. Should only be used when really needed.

Before you do something very foolish you might want to read this FAQ on buying drugs in Mexico at LINK

According to federal U.S. statutes, it is forbidden to purchase, mail, transport, possess, ingest, transfer, or ship medicines for anyone other than yourself. Only the person who actually uses the medicine can legally handle it. The only way around this rigid law is to obtain a federal DEA number. Don’t even bother to ask... it would probably be easier to get a license to build an atomic bomb.

Last but not least: if you don’t declare your medications or foolishly attempt to conceal them, U.S. Customs considers you to be a smuggler. The penalties can be harsh, even for relatively minor infractions.

It is worth repeating: any medicine brought into the United States must be personal, for your own use. No matter how sincere your reasons might be, you cannot mail, give away or sell the medicines to another person.

Before you do something very foolish you might want to read this FAQ on buying drugs in Mexico at LINK
According to federal U.S. statutes, it is forbidden to purchase, mail, transport, possess, ingest, transfer, or ship medicines for anyone other than yourself. Only the person who actually uses the medicine can legally handle it. The only way around this rigid law is to obtain a federal DEA number. Don’t even bother to ask... it would probably be easier to get a license to build an atomic bomb.

Last but not least: if you don’t declare your medications or foolishly attempt to conceal them, U.S. Customs considers you to be a smuggler. The penalties can be harsh, even for relatively minor infractions.

It is worth repeating: any medicine brought into the United States must be personal, for your own use. No matter how sincere your reasons might be, you cannot mail, give away or sell the medicines to another person.

Fair enough. What do you make of the thousands of successful online pharmacies? They must have found a legal loophole somewhere.

What do you make of the thousands of successful online pharmacies? They must have found a legal loophole somewhere.

Thousands of names perhaps but very few real pharmacies.

In this case they deal directly with the customer and write a prescription on a US or Canadian doctors name when required from my limited knowledge.

Your friend probably has an addiction problem(why else would he want 100 Xanax?) If you really want to help your friend don't send them to him, he will end up in hotter water! :o They are highly addictive and withdrawals are worse than heroin. :D

So can the doctor be anywhere in the world or does it have to be a US doctor? If its the former, then I don't know how customs could verify. Private Dick, I'm afraid I've promised my source to keep it quiet. They're apparently pretty paranoid, but it must be such a good seller that they don't want to give it up. I would suggest the real 'Thai' areas, ie. Not the night bazaar in Chiang Mai or Kao San in Bangkok, but the places a typical thai might find themselves.

If I send 100 and write a return address of 'Joe Smith' am I safe if my friend wants to take the risk or are they going to interrogate him until he gives me up? We are talking about just 100 pills, not a big time smuggling operation or anything...

And yes, its all quite addictive. Should only be used when really needed.

If you were going to do it anyway,why ask all these people if it was legal and if you could get in trouble,,what did you want a go ahead and sent it answer?

If you will check an online pharmacy or drug company,you will find out that they will connect you to a DOCTOR that will give you a prescription for the drugs and will add about $50 to the bill,thats how they do it. :o