bangkok bank london transfering money to thailand and paying into bangkok bank london

After waiting 5 months my Bangkok Bank Account London is soon to be opened, confirmation is to be posted to me this week.

How much in Pounds sterling can you transfer on a regular basis, to my Bangkok Bangkok Bank Forex Account here in Thailand.  

Also can money be transferred out of London into other Banks Forex Accounts. 

Paying money into The London Branch, can this only come from your UK designated Account. Is there a limit on the amounts you can transfer in.

Can money be paid in from other sources, am selling a property in The Uk, can the proceeds be paid into the London branch of Bangkok Bank.

Thank you

Regards

Tom

On 6/4/2021 at 12:41 PM, tomtaylor1 said:

After waiting 5 months my Bangkok Bank Account London is soon to be opened, confirmation is to be posted to me this week.

I will be very surprised as I have always understood that they offer commercial/trade banking accounts only - unless that is what you are getting?

They also facilitate transfers to Bangkok Bank accounts in Thailand. 

From here - https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/International-Banking/Europe-and-North-America/United-Kingdom-Business-Banking

We are the only Thai commercial bank with a presence in the United Kingdom and Europe and have been in London for almost 60 years. Our London Branch commenced business in 1957 and is authorized by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. We provide a comprehensive range of commercial banking services including trade finance, corporate lending, remittances, foreign exchange and deposit accounts. We can also facilitate regular payments to Thailand such as pensions from the UK government or from private organizations. Funds will be transferred securely, quickly and in a cost-effective manner to a Bangkok Bank account in Thailand.

FAQs here - 

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/Transfers/Transferring-Into-Thailand/Transfer-money-from-UK-to-Thailand-via-London-Branch

I'm not sure of the benefit of Bangkok Bank London anymore, I did go in there once to open an account, couldn't at the time. I'd make sure i had 2 UK bank accounts opened plus either a debit card (Starling) or credit card (Halifax Clarity) that has free foreign transactions i.e. uses mastercard rate and no commission

On 6/6/2021 at 2:43 PM, topt said:

I will be very surprised as I have always understood that they offer commercial/trade banking accounts only - unless that is what you are getting?

They also facilitate transfers to Bangkok Bank accounts in Thailand. 

From here - https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/International-Banking/Europe-and-North-America/United-Kingdom-Business-Banking

FAQs here - 

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/Transfers/Transferring-Into-Thailand/Transfer-money-from-UK-to-Thailand-via-London-Branch

It looks to me like the OP is actually referring to the unique reference code which he needs to obtain from Bangkok Bank's London branch before he can use them as an intermediary for transfers from a UK account to a Bangkok Bank one here in Thailand - see the second FAQ in your second link.

Edited by OJAS

1 minute ago, OJAS said:

It looks to me like he is actually meaning the unique reference code which he needs to obtain from Bangkok Bank's London branch before he can use them as an intermediary for transfers from a UK account to a Bangkok Bank one here in Thailand - see the second FAQ in your second link.

Could be but whatever it is it is very unclear why it took 5 months.

Awaiting a follow up from the OP with "bated" breath........ 

15 hours ago, topt said:

Could be but whatever it is it is very unclear why it took 5 months.

Awaiting a follow up from the OP with "bated" breath........ 

Assuming that the OP is based in Thailand, it would appear that he might have had to send a completed Client Remittance Registration Form + 2 forms of ID as required by Bangkok Bank's London branch by snail mail to the UK, which could have taken 1-to-2 months to be delivered. Then, for all we know, the Bank might have decided that they needed further documentation from him, which might have resulted in a further 2-way snail mail exchange between the UK and Thailand accounting for the remaining 3-to-4 months. But, all this is, of course, pure speculation on my part - and I, too, am awaiting further clarification from him with "bated" breath!