itchy arms and legs after shower

- we've just moved to a new house

- water supply if from a well on our land which has very clear water

- after shower are legs and arms are itchy

- my wife and me used different soaps and shampoo

- sometimes we just shower to call down as its hot here and dont use soap or shampoo

we are always itchy on teh legs and arms for about 10 - 15 minutes after a shower and i cant understand why?

We used to live here about 15 years ago and never had the problem them, same water supply back then

Get the pH of the water checked, it may be too acid or alkaline.

If you had no problem 15 years ago, maybe the water has been contaminated.

Edited by Lacessit

9 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

I once lived in a house with well water and it was full of lime. If you put an ice cube in a glass with that water you could see it precipitate out. It left us with dry and itchy skin all the time.

Yeah ...it simply sounds like high mineral content...as the water dries on your skin it leaves a residue...you should start to see it on your stainless steel faucets and fixtures too.

It may be the water is high in mineral content and probably lime.

Our bore water varies over the year with the rise and fall of the water table and the lime content.

Only imperfect simple solution is to install a resin exchange filter.

Or, depending on how long you are willing to wait, allow time for your skin to adjust.

Its as much about after shower skin treatment as water supply.  I have had times of itchy skin after water immersion  in all kinds of water, sea, fresh, soft and hard.  Moisturising your skin after a shower can help a lot as can using a anti bacterial powder in the worst places. You cant do much about your water supply, and its largely irrelevant anyway, but you can look after your skin and pick unperfumed soap and shower products. 

Cholinergic Urticaria Causes and Risk Factors

CU is caused by nerve fibers in your sweat glands. Your skin reacts to the heat and sweat when your body temperature goes up. You may get these hives when you: Take a hot shower or bath.

1 hour ago, tonray said:

Yeah ...it simply sounds like high mineral content...as the water dries on your skin it leaves a residue...you should start to see it on your stainless steel faucets and fixtures too.

no lime scale so far, but only been here a week