ferries

tinca tinca

20 hours ago, tinca tinca said:

sattahip surat thai

a few threads running on this one, may go to  prachuap khiri khan, or Songkhla or both, or it could fold altogether, has done a test run to Songkhla, with trucks onboard, but the government departments are dragging their heels, ( who would have thought that)

sea horse.jpg

• Like 1

Yeh this ferry to Koh Chang was supposed to go to Bang Bao, Bang Bao does not have a pier suitable for vehicles, and it was going to be for foot passengers only, which would mean renting a M/C and driving on the most treacherous mountain roads on the island ????. A ridiculous idea from the start, knowing Tourists driving is, may I say not the best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Yeh this ferry to Koh Chang was supposed to go to Bang Bao, Bang Bao does not have a pier suitable for vehicles, and it was going to be for foot passengers only, which would mean renting a M/C and driving on the most treacherous mountain roads on the island ????. A ridiculous idea from the start, knowing Tourists driving is, may I say not the best.

They did one test trip to Bang Bao, I believe, and then nothing. I'm sure I remember seeing a photo of it moored up somewhere there maybe 3 years ago. It never came back. But you're right about Bang Bao. Just a fishing village servicing island hoppers. Further along the mainland coast I think they would be able to find a suitable pier, and infrastructure, at Laem Ngop. Or on to Klong Yai, where they are building/have buikt a deep water port I was told. At one time there was a plan to run a shipping route  to Koh Kong in Cambodia and then to Koh Quoc in Vietnam. A nice trip from Sattahip, or even Songkla, avoiding all roads. That's a pretty decent sized ferry they bought. They're tipping money into the EEC down in Trad, and over the border.

On 6/14/2021 at 10:33 AM, brianthainess said:

Rent a M/C or take a songteau pickup...