Confirmation of Income

I don't think that you can get it from the UK Embassy. Not sure if you are talking about Government State or Occupational pension.  Either way what I suggest is you take along Bank statments showing money paid in by the Government and any award letter or payment notification from the Government that you have or can get scanned and sent to you from th UK.  Good luck.

35 minutes ago, Adelphi said:

I don't think that you can get it from the UK Embassy. Not sure if you are talking about Government State or Occupational pension.  Either way what I suggest is you take along Bank statments showing money paid in by the Government and any award letter or payment notification from the Government that you have or can get scanned and sent to you from th UK.  Good luck.

You can apply & get a Retirement Extension at 50 years old, but you cannot get a UK State or occupational PENSION at that age. What's the solution?

5 minutes ago, puchooay said:

800 000 in a Thai bank.

Or an 'understanding' IO, who, in my case, is only bothered that my annual income into, plus money in the bank in Thailand adds up to over Bht800k, no questions about where it comes from apart from abroad as an FTT. 

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 2:43 PM, CharlieH said:

To my knowledge the British Enbassy no longer provide this"proof of income^ service.In fact most Embassies stopped this service a year(or more) ago.

Not so only the USA UK and Australian embassies reneged on income letters. The vast majority of other expats still get income letters from their embassies

On 6/16/2021 at 2:43 PM, CharlieH said:

To my knowledge the British Enbassy no longer provide this"proof of income^ service.In fact most Embassies stopped this service a year(or more) ago.

Not so! Only the UK, USA and Australian embassies reneged on the income letters. All the others still provide them

• 2 years later...
7 minutes ago, hgma said:

with 800K on the bank,and extension of stay granted when and how much can i withdraw for how many months??????

Come on now. You have been a member for nearly 20 years and there have been trillions of threads on this subject..so maybe a bit of searching on your part will definitely find your answer.

• Sad 1

On 2/8/2024 at 12:32 PM, hgma said:

with 800K on the bank,and extension of stay granted when and how much can i withdraw for how many months??????

After your extension of stay application has been approved you are required to maintain a minimum 800k bank balance for a further 3 months. Thereafter you may let it dip to a minimum of 400k until 2 months before next year's extension of stay application is due, by which time it will need to have been upped to at least 800k again.

@couchpotato - too much of a superhuman effort for you then, was it, to have taken a couple of minutes out of your extremely valuable time to provide this information? 🙄

12 minutes ago, OJAS said:

After your extension of stay application has been approved you are required to maintain a minimum 800k bank balance for a further 3 months. Thereafter you may let it dip to a minimum of 400k until 2 months before next year's extension of stay application is due, by which time it will need to have been upped to at least 800k again.

@couchpotato - too much of a superhuman effort for you then, was it, to have taken a couple of minutes out of your extremely valuable time to provide this information? 🙄

Yes ..but thanks for caring about my time, much appreciated.