TM30 Requirement

Ratsso

I think I understand what the TMM 30 requirement is, but not necessarily...

Upon submitting my visa application, I submitted the ASQ and secondary host residence, that's located in another province.

Since the secondary address has been documented with the visa and COE process, is a TM30 required if I go from 

first province location to the second province location?

TM30 is for hotels, resorts etc or even your Thai gf to register your presence in Thailand. Should be automatic in hotels and so on.

However if you want to extend your visa, then a TM30 should be in the system. Otherwise you could have problems with immigration.

Weird thing is then, YOU have to pay a fine?!!?!!, it seems(ed?)

I just registered a TM30 today, the first time in 39 years. I'm lucky in having a very customer-friendly Immigration Office (Nakhon Sawan), and last year they found a work-around, because the person who holds the House Registration wasn't available, so this year, after moving to a different Tambon I wanted to be sure I didn't face the same problem when I extend my stay for retirement during the next month. The Phu-yai Baan told us to go to the Amphoe, and after we wasted an hour there they told us it could only be done at the Immigration Office. Fortunately it took less than ten minutes at the Immigration Office, and we got it done before the noon break. Documents needed -- my passport, the House Registration, and my nephew's ID Card. I suppose if my nephew had gone alone a copy of my passport pages would have been enough, but they stapled a receipt to the last page in the passport, so I'm not sure.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update:  Khonkaen app online upload feature for TMB30 doesn't work (no surprise here, I suppose). Immigration confirmed this and didn't apply a late penalty. 

Also, we filed my first TR60 extension for this visa and received an "automatic" covid-19, 60 day extension as the reason for the extension; no documentation required as proof of that fact. The extension date was one day after my visa expiration. This was timely and favorable, as Pattaya immigration would use the current date, causing me to lose those "unused" days remaining on the original visa.  Both TMB30 and extension time was < 1 hour, as there we around 12 or so applicants present. 

FYI: Immigration is closed for official holiday starting July 24th, for several days.