Buying A Basketball Ring In Chiang Mai

Warrioroo

Hi, first post here after moving north late last year (no regrets for sure!).

I am looking to buy a full size, free-standing basketball ring/backboard for my place. The only ones i have seen so far at Airport Plaza are 14k+ all-singing, all-dancing jobbies with spring loaded stands and backboards big enough for my grandmother to shoot towards - any idea where to buy a simple cheapo one, maybe 2-4k? I see houses around with them, so they must be somewhere... any help welcome... many thanks.

Hi, first post here after moving north late last year (no regrets for sure!).

I am looking to buy a full size, free-standing basketball ring/backboard for my place. The only ones i have seen so far at Airport Plaza are 14k+ all-singing, all-dancing jobbies with spring loaded stands and backboards big enough for my grandmother to shoot towards - any idea where to buy a simple cheapo one, maybe 2-4k? I see houses around with them, so they must be somewhere... any help welcome... many thanks.

No slam dunks, but ask a workshop/welders to make you one! Should come to about 1000 baht or less!

Again, I wouldn't slam dunk and hang off the basket if I were you!

:o

Phil

goto your local metal shop - probably the place where they make the iron gates and bring them a picture and possibly a basketball as well and of course measurements.

but the most important thing is that you demand that the basketball is able to fit though the hoop that they fabricate (fully inflated that is)

:o