US Warns its citizens against traveling to Thailand

BobinBKK

1 minute ago, jerrymahoney said:

Actually US warns its UN-FULLY VACCINATED citizens about travel to Thailand:

Key Information for Travelers to Thailand

Make sure you are fully vaccinated before traveling to Thailand.
Unvaccinated travelers should avoid nonessential travel to Thailand.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-3/coronavirus-thailand

Correct, you missed this bit though:

• Because of the current situation in Thailand, all travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Correct, you missed this bit though:

• Because of the current situation in Thailand, all travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants.

I didn't miss it. Try again. What was I supposed to do -- quote the whole thing? I gave the link. Because of the current situation in EVERY Level 3 country, travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading CVOVID-19 variants.

Sorry to rain on your parade. Think again. Better educate yourself.

3 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

I didn't miss it. Try again. What was I supposed to do -- quote the whole thing? I gave the link. Because of the current situation in EVERY Level 3 country, travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading CVOVID-19 variants.

Sorry to rain on your parade. Think again. Better educate yourself.

Lol. Yes very easy to quote all but missing the part that warns all travellers  vaccinated or not about the high risk of variants in Thailand was convinient. 

How about a warning for travel to the US?

Fauci declares delta variant ‘greatest threat’ to the nation’s efforts to eliminate Covid

White House chief medical advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci said Tuesday the highly contagious delta variant is the “greatest threat” to the nation’s attempt to eliminate Covid-19.
Delta, first identified in India, now makes up about 20% of all new cases in the United States, up from 10% about two weeks ago, Fauci said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/22/fauci-declares-delta-variant-greatest-threat-to-the-nations-efforts-to-eliminate-covid.html

26 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Fauci declares delta variant ‘greatest threat’ to the nation’s efforts to eliminate Covid

White House chief medical advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci said Tuesday the highly contagious delta variant is the “greatest threat” to the nation’s attempt to eliminate Covid-19.
Delta, first identified in India, now makes up about 20% of all new cases in the United States, up from 10% about two weeks ago, Fauci said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/22/fauci-declares-delta-variant-greatest-threat-to-the-nations-efforts-to-eliminate-covid.html

Good idea. How about start a new thread on it as its off topic on this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rabas said:

They are warning all travellers vaxxed or not:

"Because of the current situation in Thailand, all travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants."

The country that led the world in covid deaths are now handing out ratings? ????

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rabas said:

They are warning all travellers vaxxed or not:

"Because of the current situation in Thailand, all travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants."

Level 3: High Level of COVID-19 in Ireland

Key Information for Travelers to Ireland

• Make sure you are fully vaccinated before traveling to Ireland.
  • Unvaccinated travelers should avoid nonessential travel to Ireland.
  • Because of the current situation in Ireland, all travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants.
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:
Level 3: High Level of COVID-19 in Ireland

Key Information for Travelers to Ireland

• Make sure you are fully vaccinated before traveling to Ireland.
  • Unvaccinated travelers should avoid nonessential travel to Ireland.
  • Because of the current situation in Ireland, all travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants.

Wrong country. The subject of the thread is Thailand, not Ireland.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rabas said:

Wrong country. The subject of the thread is Thailand, not Ireland.

That warning about "all travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants" is the same for every Level 3 country. Refers to nothing unique in Thailand.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

That warning about "all travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants" is the same for every Level 3 country. Refers to nothing unique in Thailand.

If you read your own posts,  you'll see I corrected your false claim that the Thailand warning only applied to 'UN FULLY-VACCINATED' travellers, which was wrong. I pointed out the warning applied to all travellers, because of the risk of spreading variants. I repeat from the CDC Thailand warning.

Then you mutate to Ireland, irrelevant to your initial mistake, and to Thailand. 

• Thanks 1

Standard current Level 3 CDC travel warnings:

Because of the current situation in Canada, all travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants.

Because of the current situation in Bulgaria, all travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants.

Because of the current situation in France, all travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants.

Because of the current situation in Honduras, all travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants.

Because of the current situation in Norway, all travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants.

Because of the current situation in Spain, all travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants.

Because of the current situation in the Philippines, all travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants.

ETC. Level 3 still only says suggests unvaccinated persons 'against traveling to Thailand' as in the  headline this topic.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/noticescovid19

Yawwwn, I think they still may have a warning against travel to that 3rd world hellhole known as Canada too.  As long as you are fully vaccinated I don't see any medical reason for not going.

Edited by shdmn

13 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Yawwwn, I think they still may have a warning against travel to that 3rd world hellhole known as Canada too.  As long as you are fully vaccinated I don't see any medical reason for not going.

Neither do they:

Level 3: High Level of COVID-19 in Canada

Key Information for Travelers to Canada

• Make sure you are fully vaccinated before traveling to Canada.

11 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Yes but the number of new cases is in steep decline

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/covid-cases.html

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

ETC. Level 3 still only says suggests unvaccinated persons 'against traveling to Thailand' as in the  headline this topic.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/noticescovid19

Not correct, It actually says : all travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants

Key Information for Travelers to Thailand

• Make sure you are fully vaccinated before traveling to Thailand.
  • Unvaccinated travelers should avoid nonessential travel to Thailand.
  • Because of the current situation in Thailand, all travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants.
  • See recommendations for fully vaccinated travelers.
  • See recommendations for unvaccinated travelers.
  • Travelers should follow recommendations or requirements in Thailand, including wearing a mask and staying 6 feet apart from others.
  • Quick guide for travelers.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-3/coronavirus-thailand

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

Neither do they:

Level 3: High Level of COVID-19 in Canada

Key Information for Travelers to Canada

• Make sure you are fully vaccinated before traveling to Canada.

I am talking about their Thailand warning.   I was only half kidding about Canada.  I thought the 3rd world hellhole comment made that obvious enough.

The headline to both the Thaiger article and the Thai Visa topic is wrong: The US does not warn its fully vaccinated citizens against travel to Level 3 Thailand. In fact it says as you note:

Make sure you are fully vaccinated before traveling to Thailand

A Level 4 alert would better fit the Thaiger and topic heading:

Level 4: Very High Level of COVID-19 in Sweden

• Avoid travel to Sweden.
  • If you must travel to Sweden, make sure you are fully vaccinated before travel.
  • Because of the current situation in Sweden, even fully vaccinated travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants.
Edited by jerrymahoney

Thailand Travel Advisory

Reconsider travel to Thailand due to COVID-19. Read the entire Travel Advisory.

Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.   

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for Thailand due to COVID-19, indicating a high level of COVID-19 in the country. Your risk of contracting COVID-19 and developing severe symptoms may be lower if you are fully vaccinated with an FDA authorized vaccine. Before planning any international travel, please review the CDC's specific recommendations for vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers.

Visit the Embassy's COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 and related restrictions and conditions in Thailand.  

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/thailand-travel-advisory.html

1 minute ago, jerrymahoney said:

'Reconsider' is not the sane as 'warn against' .

Did I say it was or are you just stating the obvious, I leave my posts to the actual test of the Advisory, which clearly says:

"Your risk of contracting COVID-19 and developing severe symptoms may be lower if you are fully vaccinated with an FDA authorized vaccine"

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

"warn against".

"Your risk of contracting COVID-19 and developing severe symptoms may be lower if you are fully vaccinated with an FDA authorized vaccine"

And that has nothing to do with the topic title "warn against".

But if I am a fully Pfizer vaccinated US citizen wanting to travel to Thailand, is there anything in that Level 3 notice that I am being warned NOT to travel to Thailand. No. There isn't. If it were Level 4 then maybe a difference.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Confused 1

On 6/24/2021 at 6:40 AM, jerrymahoney said:

And that has nothing to do with the topic title "warn against".

Did I say it did "warn against?

However it is the original source and so has everything to do with the topic, much more so than adding which other countries it also advices travel against. 

"ALLCDC Level 3 countries get the same verbiage. Nothing unique to Thailand. "

I dont think anyone is arguing that thailand is unique in this, just that it applies to thailand, which you have confirmed.

if this was an ireland-based site, they would be talking about ireland, and someone like you would be pointing out that thailand is on the list too, which is equally a red herring response

• Thanks 1