Bangkok Covid crisis: Governor announces 596 more beds to be available

webfact

2pm1.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Bangkok's governor Gen Aswin Khwanmuang held a meeting with health staff via WEBEX technology to discuss provision for beds for those infected with Covid-19 in the Thai capital. 

He said that an additional 596 beds for those between yellow and red (critical) designations would be made available. 

Sanook reported that Bangkok remains in the grip of Covid infection with outbreaks in many areas. 

Cement company SCG is helping with 40 beds being added at Ratchaphiphat Hospital in Bang Khae where four buildings are being converted to allow more ICU facilities.

These will be available from July 10th with ten coming online each week of four weeks. 

Bang Khun Thian geriatric hospital will add 70 beds for "yellow" care and 16 for red.

Rathchaphiphat Field Hospital will add 100 for green level care. 

Thonburi Hospital are adding 250 for yellow care and 50 for red. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-06-26
  • Haha 1

Drop in the ocean considering what is about to happen..........

Dr Yong Poovorawan, head of the Centre of Excellence in Clinical Virology at Chulalongkorn University, said cases of the Delta variant first found in India would overtake Alpha cases in four months at the current infection rate. He also warned of the likely emergence of other variants.

https://sootinclaimon.com/2021/06/23/delta-will-be-thailands-dominant-variant-in-four-months-virologist-sootinclaimon-com/

• Like 1

They knew this was coming 5 months ago when their orders for vaccines had up to 8 months for delivery & the local Co SiamBioScience failed in their claims to manufacture 

any significant numbers.

Stay safe folks, Bangokians in particular are in for a very rough 6 months & it was mostly all avoidable

• Like 1

The numbers are too small. Thats because they are working on the basis of what they can easily provide, rather than using data to model what they might NEED, and then devising a plan to provide them.

personally, I wouldn’t want to be fairly sick and be in one of the new “beds”. I can’t think they will be much cop.

2 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

personally, I wouldn’t want to be fairly sick and be in one of the new “beds”. I can’t think they will be much cop.

I suspect I would have to take my own bolster pillow and comfort blanket.....

Edited by jacko45k

4 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

The numbers are too small. Thats because they are working on the basis of what they can easily provide, rather than using data to model what they might NEED, and then devising a plan to provide them.

They are still figuring out where to get the extra doctors and nurses for these new beds

Bangkok has just reported a little over 4000 new cases! 600 beds hardly puts a dent in it!

They really haven't got to grips with the pending severity of this pandemic.

To start a 1 month total lockdown (to be reviewed after 3 weeks) step up or should I say start in Ernest the vaccination program, if after 3 weeks things haven't changed sufficiently give it another month!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dont confuse me said:

Bangkok has just reported a little over 4000 new cases! 600 beds hardly puts a dent in it!

To start a 1 month total lockdown (to be reviewed after 3 weeks) step up or should I say start in Ernest the vaccination program, if after 3 weeks things haven't changed sufficiently give it another month!

Relax....Anutin is all over this like a rash.

4 hours ago, Dont confuse me said:

The 4,000+ number of new cases reported Saturday was for the entire country. The Bangkok province portion of that was a bit under 1,300.   Don't make things worse than they already are!

1272464197_BKK2021-06-26.jpg.5fe79a148c12e72f8192f1e8de7375cc.jpg