Sneezing fits

Daffy D

16 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Luckily only happens at home, so far. ????

So sounds like a housemite allergy have all furniture and mattresses plus carpets steam cleaned also wash or buy new pillows, if only happening at home it's definitely an allergy. 

55 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

You are quite right but unless I have an actual sneezing fit while in his office he could not give any more advice than I'm getting here.

A doctor has more knowledge than this forum and doesn't have to see the sneezing fit.

There are no antihistamine sprays here  and I doubt it would work anyhow as by the time you feel a sneeze coming on, nothing will

"Smelling salts" = spirits of ammonia, pharmacies do have iut (especially the old fashioned ones) but this is rather extreme measure and also may not work.

If I were you I would:

(1) try to address the cause if possible, sounds like it is in your home. Dust or mold most likely.

and/or

(2) Just live with it. It may be a passing seasonal thing.

• Like 1

Thanks Sheryl,

Our house is a single story very open kind of place with breeze and wind and dogs and kids and dust and pollen and just about everything on this good earth blowing through it all the time, so I'd say almost impossible to pin down any particular cause for my sneezing  problem.

Guess I'll just have to live with it.  roll_eyes.gif.gif.693ba3e48510cdd11691b170f9d901ce.gif

Hubby gets these from time-to-time.  It helps if he blows his nose.  Also, saline spray can help.  Staring at the sun can bring it on for him, but that's not the only cause.  Often it's just while he's sitting on the sofa watching TV and he'll let it go on until I get annoyed enough to tell him to blow his nose.