Double Vision & other multiple symptoms

Gahn5

I'm currently house bound in the village and been to the local hospital to check on some odd ailments and they sent me home with some vitamin b...

Some background: I got a nasty cut tripping over a bamboo stump & left it untreated for a few days. It got infected and I ended up on anti-biotics for 2 weeks. In the meantime, i also had an eye infection from a malang wee.

I now have double vision problems, loss of balance, ear ringing and numbness in fingers of both hands, as well as numbness around my face. 

Hospital checked blood sugar - it was 142 as I suspected Diabetes. Now I'm wondering what's going on,  whether its a side effect from the cut or a mini stroke or first signs of MS.

Waiting to go to a clinic when a ride comes available but am very sceptical of the local medicos so out of boredom thought I'd throw it out there for any advice

Obviously you need to go to a higher level hospital. where in Thailand do you live?

Also - what antibiotics were you on?

How long ago was the insect bite? Did it actually bite the eye itself or just the lid?

51 minutes ago, Gahn5 said:

now have double vision problems, loss of balance, ear ringing and numbness in fingers of both hands, as well as numbness around my face. 

No age quoted

COULD BE SERIOUS, by posting you are obviously concerned

Call your medical insurer, if none follow below

Suggestions urgent Taxi to large preferably teaching hospital in your area,

OR Taxi to airport and home to your own country while you are still mobile, before numbness in face stops you talking

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Obviously you need to go to a higher level hospital. where in Thailand do you live?

Also - what antibiotics were you on?

How long ago was the insect bite? Did it actually bite the eye itself or just the lid?

Anti-biotics were Amoxocylin and Cloxocylin.

The malang wee just flew into my eye and caused the irritation culminating in a cyst on the lower eyelid.

Reside 50km from Sisaket City

I had identical symptoms. Went to hospital in Patts.  BP was discovered to be 214/80.  A medical emergency.  Doc prescribed BP meds which did the job although it took about 3 weeks before double vision was corrected.  Don't mess around with this.  See a doc ASAP.  Best of luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you cannot go to  Sappasit Prasong Hospital in Ubon  then at least you should go to Sri Saket Provincial Hospital. From the hospital's website there are neurologists at Sri Saket Hospital.

Edited by PPMMUU