University Costs

I know it might vary, but would be a reasonable cost for university tuition, fees and books for one semester? Are there student dorms and what might they cost per semester? 

I was told by a thai that they had to pay 110, 000 baht per semester to cover tuition, books, fees, student housing and food money. 

thanks for your feedback 

14 hours ago, KeyWest001 said:

I was told by a thai that they had to pay 110, 000 baht per semester to cover tuition, books, fees, student housing and food money.

Could be Mahidol.

https://muic.mahidol.ac.th/eng/admissions/tuition-and-fees/

• 1 month later...

The cost for Mahidol University International College at the Salaya Campus averages B70,000 and they are on a trimester system. Reading Thai is not a requirement, but is very helpful. There are foreign students there. I asked about books and my son says he doesn't have any...  Many things are digitized now. He lives in a near campus shared apartment, so that's extra at almost B12,000/month.  https://muic.mahidol.ac.th/eng/

• Like 1

At Rangsit in BKK our daughters first year fees (21 credits-International programme) was about Thb 66k, Books maybe another 2/3K, Accomodation/Utilities/food etc  about 40k. Call it Thb 110 k all in/Semester.

• Like 1

It depends on the school and the subject/degree a person is going for. Also it depends on if you are Thai or a foreigner. My son attends Chiang Mai University working on a 4-year degree and since he's a foreigner, it cost him 65,000 baht for tuition for one semester. Whereas, the Thais pay 35,000 baht. No book fees, because everything is online if your are a foreigner going through the international classes. Thais get to attend on campus. To find out any of this information, all you have to do is google the school you want to attend.

My daughter went to Bangkok Uni at Rangsit.

Had her own room, which was average size.

Total cost for the year for everything (Uni fees, books, accommodation, food etc.,) was around 300,000 baht.

Was the about the same for all four years.

Obviously different for area and Uni course.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2021 at 7:54 PM, Neeranam said:

What do you mean?

There are not many international students here. 

I pay 50k a term for one of my daughters.  On top of that 50k for a condo, and maybe 30k for pocket money/food.  130k a term.

This is Assumption Uni

You mean ABAC? Depends on the Major, aeronautical engineering is the most expensive one.

• 4 weeks later...

We paid 10K per month for living expenses to our niece plus about 6000 per term for 5 years. There were also some miscellaneous expenses like a couple of hospital bills during the 5 year teaching degree. Then she upped and didn't bother becoming a teacher. Go figure.

Incidentally we don't speak to this little angel now....she got her money and then blocked my wife of social media. So don't expect any generosity.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Incidentally we don't speak to this little angel now....she got her money and then blocked my wife of social media. So don't expect any generosity.

F****** kids!  Just curious, how did this go over with your wife and her family?  Bit personal, no problem if you decline to respond.  Pretty outrageous behavior by the niece ????

I pay about 35000 a semester at Mae Fah Luang University (International) in Chiang Rai a semester. Some programs are significantly more such as medical, law, and other graduate programs. Some are over 100k a semester in tuition in fees alone.

Housing for most students is from 4-6k a month, so 16-24k a semester. Add food, beer, clothes, transportation, etc... 15-25k a semester.

Parents that give on the lower end, usually means the kids get a job working at restaurants, bars, etc. at night to pay for their fun. I know a few girls "working" as well. Their parents don't give them much for spending money so they find it elsewhere.

I spend way more than this.... but I have the GI Bill covering me.

4 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

We paid 10K per month for living expenses to our niece plus about 6000 per term for 5 years. There were also some miscellaneous expenses like a couple of hospital bills during the 5 year teaching degree. Then she upped and didn't bother becoming a teacher. Go figure.

Has she started taking drugs? Or drinking ... sounds a bit like what happened to me way back when - it completely wrecked my first career. I also lost contact with family who didn't hear from me for many years.

Just a question worth considering - it may not be ingratitude. Try not to take it personally - it's obvious something has happened whatever that is.

On 6/28/2021 at 9:49 AM, BritManToo said:

Rajabhat charges around 14k/semester (28k/year), there's one in every big town.

Student housing often 2,500bht/month, but 2-3 students will usually share a room (dorms are cheaper).

Books are not that much, 2-3k a year.

I gave my kid 100bht/day for food and expenses and she didn't complain.

I pay 15000 per semester,

4000 apartment pm, includes water, WiFi, TV, fridge, microwave.

Around 800 electric, pm has Aircon.

150 a day f&b, petrol.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

International Faculties at the top universities cost 150000 to 200000THB per year. The semester fee can be a poor guide as some faculties have 2 semesters and some have 3. MUIC is cheaper than MUICT (Computing) per semester, but has 3 semesters, so works out more expensive for the year.

Housing can be from 5 to 20K a month, depends how nice the accommodation is. Hard to say what people spend on food and books.

Edited by Inter Student Thailand

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately high education (as well as previous ones) sucks so badly we decided not to participate with it. Aussie's might be good but bloody expensive for foreigners so our eyes on Lion's City colleges, although not cheap one either. 

Thai Universities? Teecha Andee and Teecha Steef are still there, what possible they could teach? No books - everything is online? Nice excuse!