Got a 30-day "under consideration" stamp

I went today to immigration to apply for the 60-day covid extension (my current extension expires July 4) and they gave me a 1 month under consideration stamp, I must come back to the same office in a month from now to ( I guess ) get the extra 30 days.

My understanding was that the "under consideration" stamp was just generally a few days, or a week, but not a whole month. Anyone else had a similar experience? I assume I have to go to the same province/office and I can't go to a different one.

Thats just what they do, generally speaking the under consideration stamps I have recieved are around 2 weeks. 

I have gone in to get my actual extension stamp as much as a week on either side of that without comment. 

• Like 1

Others have gotten the 30 day report back date.

Maybe they expect it will take that long to get approval from the division headquarters.

It has to be done at the same office where you applied for it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, n00dle said:

Thats just what they do, generally speaking the under consideration stamps I have recieved are around 2 weeks. 

I have gone in to get my actual extension stamp as much as a week on either side of that without comment. 

My ' under investigation stamp ' for PR took 4& 1/2 years.... 

• Haha 1