Real Dvds

girlx

my boyfriend has a little outdoor cinema now and i told him i would try to buy some original DVDs to play from somewhere online since the copies we buy don't usually work all the way through. can anyone suggest a good online retailer? i tried ordering from Amazon but i always get the message that they can not ship DVDs to me in thailand.

I just 'Googled' "DVD on-line Thailand" and got a ton of decent hits:

one example: http://www.ethaicd.com/list.php?catid=329

Having said that, it is probably a copyright infringement to purchase a DVD and then display it publicly, without the permission of the 'owner'.

What kind of films (old, classic, new, with Thai subs, Hollywood, Thai) are you looking for?

There are a lot of websites that will deliver new DVD's to Thailand the best I think is CD WOW who have free worldwide delivery and hundreds to choose from DVD's, games, CD's, also Play asia but there is a delivery charge with these guys.

Edited by miniwai

I used to order lots of legit dvd's..

Taxes imposed were 37% added on top of the sale and shipping price.. Also LOTS were missing in the post, lots and lots and lots.. Small parcel mail to farang names seemed to get nicked all the time in my old area.

"I used to order lots of legit dvd's..

Taxes imposed were 37% added on top of the sale and shipping price.. Also LOTS were missing in the post, lots and lots and lots.. Small parcel mail to farang names seemed to get nicked all the time in my old area."

Yeah if at all possible use a Thai name as the recipient, we get things shipped here all the time and I had a lot of problems when they were in my name but since using the girlfriends name not had any problems.

it is probably a copyright infringement to purchase a DVD and then display it publicly
true but then you couldn't legally watch it with family and friends.
If he's going to use a lot of them I'd approach a rental shop and see if you can get a flat rate per week for unlimited movies.

yeah but the problem is none of their dvds work after awhile.

the reason i asked for recommendations is because i ordered once from a place called asiandiscs.com, they took the money, never received the discs and they never responded to customer service mails... so i would prefer to know that someone ordered from them successfully... i will try amazon again... thanks!

Edited by girlx

girlx- try this website: http://www.boomerangshop.com.

They are a Thai company and have outlets in the big shopping centers like Central Lad Prao.

What will be attractive to you is that they have an online ordering system, and a "Pay at post" option. Hence, they would send the DVDs to KPG, and then you pay when you collect them at your local post office.

I've ordered from them (as well as visit their stores) and the CDs are originals... top quality. And ,the pay at post service is great!

Hope this helps.

Make a trip to Bangkok (or Surat Thani / Nathon in Samui). Buy a bunch of copy DVDs .... then make backup copies on a PC. Or let somebody download them through Rapidshare.

If the original one fails, you can use the backup copy and so on ....

===============================================================================

Having said that, it is probably a copyright infringement to purchase a DVD and then display it publicly, without the permission of the 'owner'.

===============================================================================

Who really cares at Koh Phanghan? They are for 'home' use .... but not for 'beach' use?