Samui, Phangan, Koh Tao ready to reopen on July 15 - 70% of islands vaccinated

webfact

"Ready", but this doesn't necessarily mean they will reopen July 15th. The prime minister has stated that the country will begin re-opening in October. And how can they possibly regard the Sandbox as a success when it just started 3 days ago? 

With all the requirements in place, it's way too complicated to enter. Let alone, expensive with most requirements in place. Most of Europe is back to normal without any mask mandates whatsoever; many of my friends are already booked to the Mediterranean, so I see very little chance these people will change up their minds at this point. Thailands also needs to consider waving its mask-mandates if they want these foreigners to at least relax during their stay without being threatened with hefty fines.

Covid-19 did indeed hit Europe and Americas very hard, but they somehow manage to get back to normal much quicker if you ask me. Authorities in Thailand and TAT are lagging when it comes to decision making, they don't communicate wisely nor do they agree on each other. They need to stick with a plan and follow through so people know what the heck is going on. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Everyone was encouraged by the start of the campaign that kicked off amid much fanfare with the Phuket Sandbox on Thursday. 

More fanfare than tourists... otherwise known as BS

5 hours ago, robertson468 said:

But when are the Government going to publish the conditions that Tourists must comply with, or does everyone have to go via Phuket?

Conditions have already been published a while ago, and so far no changes, nor any amazing surprises...????

On 7/5/2021 at 11:26 PM, Mario666 said:

It's F++cking Bollllocksss....I only got my first AZ jab Sunday 27th.....How "protected" are we??? For F+cks sake???

probably better than those with 2 jabs of Sinovac given recent noises...

• Like 2