ADVICE PAY AS YOU GO please

hi, i have been with AIS for 7 years no probs, (had to buy new phone as old one would not upgrade LINE) what a farce) on PAYG, i have unearthed my old phone just to use as a sat nav on the bike, wont be used much, someone said TRUE is better/cheaper, i will have to get a new sim and register this phone,, what package would one suggest ? a bit of a minefield out there to an iold diot, any advice welcome thanks, oh i will add, i have wi fi in my condo which is a bl**dy joke, has been suggested i run the tv set top box from my phone, dont want a fixture as i am moving soon, ideas on that angle please

Edited by mercman24

Sorry to show my ignorance but I have an AIS Sim card for years paying about 500  per month.  I use for data, LINE ,some TV on line and some phone calls etc.  Most of the time I connect the phone to home WiFi.

If I buy one of these annual sims from Lazada or Shopee, can I transfer my existing  simcard phone number. Sorry if it's a 'dummies' question.

Edited by Patanawet

9 minutes ago, Patanawet said:

Sorry to show my ignorance but I have an AIS Sim card for years paying about 500  per month.  I use for data, LINE ,some TV on line and some phone calls etc.  Most of the time I connect the phone to home WiFi.

If I buy one of these annual sims from Lazada or Shopee, can I transfer my existing  simcard phone number. Sorry if it's a 'dummies' question.

Not from AIS to True or AIS to AIS not sure about DTAC

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Patanawet said:

Call AIS Customer Service and tell them exactly what you have written here. That you have been with them for many years and all of your friends on AIS in a similar position have been offered unlimited 10 Mbps for...name your price: Anything from 150 baht monthly for data only to 250 baht, for data and calls.

Some here have been offered it; so don't be afraid. Just be gently insistent in a calm and polite manner.

I purchased an AIS SIM on 15 February 2021 under the promotion of 10 Mbps for 300 baht per month. The lady at the kiosk told me it is only good for 6 months. 

My profile on the AIS website indicates "Mobile service year 5 months" as of today. What does this mean?

What are my options to keep this AIS number and continue service? Would it help to visit an AIS shop in the mall? Thank you.

Edited by SEAsia Traveler

3 hours ago, SEAsia Traveler said:

I purchased an AIS SIM on 15 February 2021 under the promotion of 10 Mbps for 300 baht per month. The lady at the kiosk told me it is only good for 6 months. 

My profile on the AIS website indicates "Mobile service year 5 months" as of today. What does this mean?

What are my options to keep this AIS number and continue service? Would it help to visit an AIS shop in the mall? Thank you.

It means that you have owned the SIM for five months... If you get an SMS stating that the promotion has ended, call Customer Service and ask them to extend. If no go(unlikely to say no) then porting your number to a new DTAC or Truemove H SIM and adding a 10 Mbps promo to that is an alternative.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2021 at 11:58 AM, BritManToo said:

can you watch Disney on a tv via an android box or would you need to watch it from your phone do you know?  Just thinking if it's useful for my kids.  Don't want them to watch it on my phone though.  What is Hotstar?

Just now, stament said:

can you watch Disney on a tv via an android box or would you need to watch it from your phone do you know?  Just thinking if it's useful for my kids.  Don't want them to watch it on my phone though.  What is Hotstar?

ah on-demand movies.  

29 minutes ago, stament said:

Phone or computer are the ways I watch.

• Thanks 1