Lam Morrison Rock Club

Has anyone been to the Lam Morrison Rock Club. If you have, whats your opinion? (Is there already a thread on this? I can't find one but apologies if I am doubling up).

I have been three times so far and have mixed feelings.

The support band...Play Girls (I think) are a sensation. A riveting visual treat plus excellent singing and skilfull playing. All my friends have been amazed and captivated by their energy and presentation. One who had agreed to go in for just one drink managed to sat till nearly closing time.

That was just as well since Lam didn't actually start playing till more than an hour after the time promised by the pullers on Walking Street.

I guess good time keeping just isn't rock'n roll but with all the competition out there in Pattaya its easy for disgruntled customers to find a welcome somewhere else.

I hope the club thrives. Its a great concept.

I wish it the best of luck.

Yes mate everythings fine. :D

Good in a way because I would of had to replace him at some point and the replacement is working out brilliantly.

:D

I must be imagining things. I could have sworn that his old bass player Toto? was playing with him two nights ago. But whoever it was; was playing a four string bass not a five. Does he have a twin?

The female bass player/singer/dancer/entertainer in the girl band was playing a five string. He hasn't transmogrofied into a female has he? After all this is Pattaya. :o

Yes mate everythings fine. :D

Good in a way because I would of had to replace him at some point and the replacement is working out brilliantly.

I must be imagining things. I could have sworn that his old bass player Toto? was playing with him two nights ago. But whoever it was; was playing a four string bass not a five. Does he have a twin?

The female bass player/singer/dancer/entertainer in the girl band was playing a five string. He hasn't transmogrofied into a female has he? After all this is Pattaya. :o

Lams always had 2 bass players although Toto was normally the main one, the other one (my favourite too be honest) is Tokky (ex Rock Pub) and he replaced Toto months ago as Lam wasn't happy with him, Tokky played a 5 string although he now has a 6 string bass. Toto always had a four string.

Agreed about the girl band in Lams place, they are very good.

• 6 months later...

Lams changed a little, isnt playing the "soft blues" so much anymore. He is playing more rock and roll, I think he needs to stay awake at that time of the night as well. The band that comes on at 2.00am after Lam is finished are awesome, called "Sandman" play heaps of ACDC, Sabbath and Metallica..