Electric Mosquito Zapper

Spaniel

• 2 years later...
Wonderful things those zappers. Haven't seen them for sale for some time. Are they still available? Unable to import them into Australia - they still have signs at Australian airports warning people they are a prohibited import.

Well fear not Pete, because common sense has won over the airport police state here in Australia. You can actually now buy Mosquito Killing Tennis Racquets at Australian Geographic shops. They are about $20 and a bit on the small side, but they do have the torch in the handle, which is essential for all those night time mosquito killing commando ops.

Actually a quick google shows up this http://www.thegiftedman.com.au/product_inf...products_id=118 for $10, although I'm not sure if they have the torch in the handle.

So it looks like my fellow Australians no longer have to suffer the indignity of not being able to extract electrified revenve on irritating insects any more.

Victory is ours.

Wonderful things those zappers. Haven't seen them for sale for some time. Are they still available? Unable to import them into Australia - they still have signs at Australian airports warning people they are a prohibited import.

Peter

Do you know why ? :)

YES !!!!! becuase the aussie gov. & laws are so f*kd up from the thousands of different boards. & if adaults leave them on in reach of children then it`s there fault & lack of common sense (which i think the aussie gov think we no have from the millions of policies they have) that the child would be zapped, & maybe end up smarter then them as not to do it again

Peter

Do you know why ? :)

YES!!!!! the aussie gov. is so f*kd up with all their boards & policies that preach laws & regulations to us, because they think we have no common sense. & if the child does get zapped it might learn & be smarter than the parent for leaving it on within reach in the first place

YES!!!!! the aussie gov. is so f*kd up with all their boards & policies that preach laws & regulations to us, because they think we have no common sense. & if the child does get zapped it might learn & be smarter than the parent for leaving it on within reach in the first place

Calm down champ. You can buy them in Australia !

I'm actually taking this as a sign of expanded individual freedoms here in Oz. With a bit of luck we will soon be able to drink and drive here as well. Sadly there may be an increase in balcony accidents, but you've got to take the good with the bad.

A group of us got pissed at a party a few years aga and several idiots were displaying their manhood by zapping their fingers. One chap zapped his tongue before the final idiot dropped his pants to really displayed his manhood....in front of his mother and all. Shocking!

A group of us got pissed at a party a few years aga and several idiots were displaying their manhood by zapping their fingers. One chap zapped his tongue before the final idiot dropped his pants to really displayed his manhood....in front of his mother and all. Shocking!

:)

did the pecker die?

Got pulled in 2008 bringing two through BNE.

Did some research in 2009 cos I really wanted to get some.

This is the email I got back from Aussie customs.

My original enquiry is lower down.

Brought two in, that I bought at Topps supermarket on Pattaya Klang.

Thank you for your enquiry to the Australian Customs and Border and

Protection Service (Customs and Border Protection) concerning the import

control on bug/mosquito zappers.

The application of the import control on hand-held electric devices

designed to administer an electric shock on contact changed in December

2008 as it relates to hand-held insect electrocutors (commonly known as

'mosquito zappers'). As advised in the Australian Customs Notice (ACN)

No 2008/56 (copy attached), Customs and Border Protection has determined

that mosquito zappers may now be imported without a permit if they are