Bangkok Airways to fly three daily Bangkok-Samui flights from 15 July 2021

snoop1130

Bangkok-Airways-1.jpg

Bangkok, 07 July, 2021 – Bangkok Airways will begin operating three daily flights between Bangkok and Samui from 15 July, 2021, to coincide with the launch of the ‘Samui+’ programme.

The new schedule will operate as follows:

Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi) to Samui

Flight PG5125 departs Bangkok at 10.05 Hrs. and arrives at Samui at 11.35 Hrs.
Flight PG5151 departs Bangkok at 14.35 Hrs. and arrives at Samui at 16.05 Hrs.
Flight PG5171 departs Bangkok at 17.10 Hrs. and arrives at Samui at 18.40 Hrs.

Samui to Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi)

Flight PG5126 departs Samui at 12.15 Hrs. and arrives at Bangkok at 13.45 Hrs.
Flight PG5152 departs Samui at 16.45 Hrs. and arrives at Bangkok at 18.15 Hrs.
Flight PG5172 departs Samui at 19.20 Hrs. and arrives at Bangkok at 20.50 Hrs.

Passengers should note that in compliance with Ministry of Public Health’s and Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand’s safety measures and social distancing guidelines, the food and beverage service on flights is suspended as is the consumption of personal food and drink onboard.

Face masks must be worn by all passengers at all times during their flight.

Source: https://www.tatnews.org/2021/07/bangkok-airways-to-fly-three-daily-bangkok-samui-flights-from-15-july-2021/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=bangkok-airways-to-fly-three-daily-bangkok-samui-flights-from-15-july-2021

Those three flights are required to carry the 1,200 tourists a month who will show up. 

Samui is devastated right now. 90% of the businesses on the Beach Road in Lamai and Chaweng have closed. All bars are closed. You can't get a beer in one of the few restaurants that remain open. And that is a vacation? 

Do they not understand that potential tourists all over the world are talking about the surging cases here, the staggering degree of ineptitude and mismanagement, the failure of the vaccination program, and all of the hurdles and restrictions? One forum after another. Trip Advisor is full of such stories. 

At a time when it is far more dangerous for a tourist to visit Thailand, than it is for a Thai to be exposed to them, they are still leveling draconian and arrogant restrictions on them. Who needs that? 

Images of Samui taken in late May. 

20210519_205816.jpg

20210519_205309.jpg

20210518_201733.jpg

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

All bars are closed. You can't get a beer in one of the few restaurants that remain open. And that is a vacation? 

Wrong again SM. Exaggerating to make a point?

Many bars are open and selling food.

Restaurants can sell alcohol.

All of the restaurants that I and my neighbours and friends use on a regular basis are still open. In some areas around here, more restaurants are opening.

There is no shortage of good food being available.

Yes - Most of the places that catered for International tourist are closed ie Chaweng and Lamai. Try some local villages instead of the expensive tourist ones.

Samui is devastated right now.

Parts of Samui are devastated.

What did Sami do to you for you to hate it so much?

• Thanks 2

You can't get a beer in one of the few restaurants that remain open.

Just to put some numbers on that.

There are at least 20 restaurants that are still open within a 10 to 15 minute drive from where I live.

Price range from expensive (Chi) to good value (Krua Choengmon)

I am not including Fisherman's village in that number as I do not go there often but I am told that there are quite a few restaurants open there. (Maybe I'll go to Barcelona - Taps Bar soon. I miss tapas.)

All restaurants are allowed to serve alcohol if they choose to. Most do.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Wrong again SM. Exaggerating to make a point?

Many bars are open and selling food.

Restaurants can sell alcohol.

All of the restaurants that I and my neighbours and friends use on a regular basis are still open. In some areas around here, more restaurants are opening.

There is no shortage of good food being available.

Yes - Most of the places that catered for International tourist are closed ie Chaweng and Lamai. Try some local villages instead of the expensive tourist ones.

Parts of Samui are devastated.

What did Sami do to you for you to hate it so much?

I love Samui. But I love truth and honesty more.

I visit as often as I can. Most of my friends who live on Samui agree with all of my statements. I am not fabricating anything here. 

I am not attempting to protect anything here. Just telling it as I see it. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Flight PG5125 departs Bangkok at 10.05 Hrs. and arrives at Samui at 11.35 Hrs.
Flight PG5151 departs Bangkok at 14.35 Hrs. and arrives at Samui at 16.05 Hrs.
Flight PG5171 departs Bangkok at 17.10 Hrs. and arrives at Samui at 18.40 Hrs.

1 hour ago, Carlos Primeros said:

They are already flying 3 flights a day since a few days. That is nothing new....

The three new flights are additional to the normal scheduled flights.

Scheduled flights are PG123, PG133, PG129 PG165 etc

Flights with the PG5xxx prefix are non-scheduled flights.

Passengers on the new flights will be quarantined during the transfer from International to the domestic terminal. There will be no locals on those new flights.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Just to put some numbers on that.

There are at least 20 restaurants that are still open within a 10 to 15 minute drive from where I live.

Price range from expensive (Chi) to good value (Krua Choengmon)

I am not including Fisherman's village in that number as I do not go there often but I am told that there are quite a few restaurants open there. (Maybe I'll go to Barcelona - Taps Bar soon. I miss tapas.)

All restaurants are allowed to serve alcohol if they choose to. Most do.

That has changed since I was there. And that is a great thing. 

Has the law changed again, or are they defying toxic authority? 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I love Samui. But I love truth and honesty more.

I visit as often as I can. Most of my friends who live on Samui agree with all of my statements. I am not fabricating anything here. 

I am not attempting to protect anything here. Just telling it as I see it. 

If you love truth and honesty more you would not always come up with the same wrong statements. I hope one day we will find out what Samui did to you that you hate the little island so much and put all the slander on about it. 

stop spreading fake news.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, huberthammer said:

If you love truth and honesty more you would not always come up with the same wrong statements. I hope one day we will find out what Samui did to you that you hate the little island so much and put all the slander on about it. 

Look, I realize there are areas of Samui that have more life than other areas at this time. I was in Maenam, Bhoput, Bangrak, Choeng Mon, Lamai, Chaweng and Nathon on my recent trip. Lamai and Chaweng are the worst hit. But, I saw countless businesses elsewhere which are shuttered, I know GM's of major hotels on the island, and I know that the current occupancy rates are. No matter what sort of rosy lens you want to peer through Samui and Phuket are relatively devastated by this economic shutdown, and the sabotage of the tourism industry. So, no fake news here. My friends who live on the island are testament to these facts. 

And again, I do not hate Samui. I have alot of fondness for it, had many great years there, but had 10-15 good reasons why I left. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, huberthammer said:

Libel.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I know GM's of major hotels on the island, and I know that the current occupancy rates are. No matter what sort of rosy lens you want to peer through

It is not rosy lens glasses.

Locals do not know or care about 5 star resorts. 5 star resorts do not care about locals. Fact of life.

We see life through real people. Not bottom line profits.

If every single 5 star hotel closed down, we are still working our butts off to make people welcome and to give guests a good time. And it works.

If all hotels closed - the same restaurants and pubs are open and looking for business. Hotel guests eat in hotels. End of.

We currently look after 45 villas. They are 90% full. Some are permanent residents, some are 'snowbirds', most are expats down from Bangkok. They are having a good time here. Better than if they were in Bangkok.

I went to my favourite French restaurant tonight. Full. My table of six, a table of eight, another table of six and two tables of four.

They could not take in any more customers.

Chaweng and Lamai are dead. They are not Samui. Samui is not thriving, but it is doing ok - Just.

Your glass is half empty. My glass is half full and doing OK.

• Haha 1

So vaccinated Samui + passengers, and non-vaccinated ASQ passengers fly in to SBIA/BKK on the same plane.

Then they split up, with ASQ passengers being processed as they are today.

How are Samui + passengers handled at SBIA/BKK? Do they clear Immigration? Medical checks?

Luggage is claimed by Samui + customers or is it routed directly to PG/USM? Where do Samui + passengers clear Customs?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

So vaccinated Samui + passengers, and non-vaccinated ASQ passengers fly in to SBIA/BKK on the same plane.

Then they split up, with ASQ passengers being processed as they are today.

How are Samui + passengers handled at SBIA/BKK? Do they clear Immigration? Medical checks?

Luggage is claimed by Samui + customers or is it routed directly to PG/USM? Where do Samui + passengers clear Customs?

You think too mutt

• Haha 1