Major Problem At Wise

Have a serious issue and will explain as briefly as possible. I have been making transfers 2 days in a row for 2 1/2 years every month with no issues. I made a transfer Wednesday night with no issues, but when I tried to do my transfer on Thursday night and hit the pay button for my bank, it sent to to Plaid to verify my account like I did the first time I used Wise. After I verified, it sent me to the pay button again and when I clicked, it said sorry I do not have enough funds in my account for the transfer. Of course I checked with my bank and I had more than enough available balance to use like always. I called Wise and they said something like my Wednesday transfer was not cleared by their bank yet and that was probably the reason and would take a few days and I should try back on Monday or Tuesday. Said this was normal and usually takes 3 to 4 days, but this has never happened in 2 1/2 years and I do the same every month. I am very concerned about this. Anybody have this issue? By the way, I use the Bank Debit ACH method, using a bank in the USA and I tried Friday just for the hell of it and it still did the same thing. Obviously if it happens again tomorrow night, Monday, I will call them to try and sort it out. Very nervous because this is my lifeline to show my monthly overseas transfer for Immigration.

Wise told us midday Friday that there is a fault with the Thailand providers (banks) rejecting transfers, and that we would have to wait for Wise technicians to fix the problem. Thai banks don't process Wise transfers over the weekend, at least that has been our experience, so no doubt we will be waiting until tomorrow for an answer.

However a transfer done using Remitly on Saturday was processed within 10 minutes.

Edited by fondue zoo
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Wise told us midday Friday that there is a fault with the Thailand providers (banks) rejecting transfers, and that we would have to wait for Wise technicians to fix the problem. Thai banks don't process Wise transfers over the weekend, at least that has been our experience, so no doubt we will be waiting until tomorrow for an answer.

However a transfer done using Remitly on Saturday was processed within 10 minutes.

Thanks for your reply, but I don't think this has to do with my issue as my transfer was never made because they said I did not have enough funds to cover and I've read many people receiving transfers on Friday.

Does Remitly work like Wise? Are the transfers coded FTT with Bangkok Bank? Thanks again for your help and time!

2 minutes ago, racyrick said:

Does Remitly work like Wise? Are the transfers coded FTT with Bangkok Bank? Thanks again for your help and time!

Fridays after 3pm and Saturdays and Sundays Bkk bank won't sort until Monday in my experience.

Any trouble is not Wise IMHO opinion its the Bank it's taking from or the receiving bank that causes any problem.

• Like 1