Best Visa For Frequent Visits To Uk

I am a UK resident but have been staying here with the Mrs for the last few years (although only officialy married for a year or so).

Might like to start visiting the UK with her next year.

Should we just go for visitor visas as we will probably be going back and forth or can we save the hassle by going for the spouse leave to remain visa?

She has no desire to be a resident in UK (don't blame her really :o )

I also saw something that said if you had been living together for 4 years outside the UK there was no limit on the time she could stay, is that true?

Cheers

If it's a series of visits you intend, then apply for a visit visa. For your wife to qualify for the indefinite leave to enter from the word go, she must intend to settle in the UK and you must have been married and to have lived outside of the UK for at least 4 years. In addition to that, she will have to have either sat an ESOL with Citizenship course or to have passed the Life in the UK test, and to the best of my knowledge, there's nowhere to do either in Thailand.

Scouse.

hi, im in a similar situation being married for a year and living together for three years prior to that.I usually go back to work in the uk for a couple of months twice year, the rest i spend here in Thailand.We now have a new baby and when i go back this time id obviously like them to come with me .

I sold my house in uk a few years ago and stay at my folks place when i go to work.Since i dont have property there would it be wiser for my parents to act as sponsors as its their address my wife will be staying at? Hopefully the wife and daughter will often come with me so again , would it be a visitor visa we want? and who should act as a sponsor?

BOSSHOGG, you will act as the sponsor for the family. I recently arrived in the UK with my Mrs, we also stay at my parents whilst we're here, Ma and Pa wrote a letter of invite for us to stay here, along with a copy of the deeds, mortgage statements etc to prove they own the house.

Good luck squire.

Jimmy and Lemon

i also have concerns over "reason to retun" as having a small baby she doesnt work and has not done so for two years...she has a small house of little value but we live live togather as a familey in a rented house

I sold my house in uk a few years ago and stay at my folks place when i go to work.Since i dont have property there would it be wiser for my parents to act as sponsors as its their address my wife will be staying at? Hopefully the wife and daughter will often come with me so again , would it be a visitor visa we want? and who should act as a sponsor?

As it is not your intention to settle in UK then it is a visitors/tourist visa she applies for. Initially she applies for a 6 month multi entry but after proving that she has returned to Thailand and respected the terms of the visa as promised a couple of times she can apply for a 2 year multi entry tourist visa if you consider that to be financially beneficial.

On your application you remain the financial sponsor of your family but would need a letter of invitation from your folks to cover the accomodation aspect.

Cheers for the reply guys, looks like that visitor visa is the way to go then.

By the way, can I apply a few moths before for the visa cos I work on ships and timing is a pain at times.

e.g. if we want to go in January, how far in advance can we apply?

Cheers

By the way, can I apply a few moths before for the visa cos I work on ships and timing is a pain at times.

e.g. if we want to go in January, how far in advance can we apply?

The visa is valid for entry for 6 months from the date of issue. She can enter any time during the validity.She must leave UK before the date of expiry (6 months after the date of issue). You can post date the date of issue for upto 3 months but make it clear on your application if you want to do that.

i also have concerns over "reason to retun" as having a small baby she doesnt work and has not done so for two years...she has a small house of little value but we live live togather as a familey in a rented house

Show that your life is in Thailand by any means you can (do you own a car, have a rent agreement etc)then it's your relationship and your location in Thailand that will be the reason for your wife to return.