Diet medication where to buy?

goofy

Its probably on prescription but not a drug, its on the orlistat wich means that they are approved as medecin to help loose weight, not like the other shit you can buy like amfetamin etc.

Cheers :o

Not a MD or prescribing any medication but Xenical is mainly used for cholestrol reduction. Costs about 55 baht. Available at private hospital pharmacies or larger pharmacies without prescription. A generic Thai compareable to xenical is 5 baht. Most drugs available without prescriptions,but caution should be used when not under Drs. advice.

What you need my friend is a better diet and some exercise.

My perfect weight is around 63 kilos, but during my 11 years here and all the beers and delicious foods I've had, I went up to 82 kg. Just walking up 4 flights of stairs exhausted me even before I started work in the morning. So I decided enough was enough.

What I've done for the first part of my own diet was to reduce the number of beers, colas, sweets and meats that I ate and added more veggies, fruits, peas, beans & nuts, brown rice, eggs and fish. I followed this diet for 4 months and lost 8 kilos. No exercise until I got used to the diet.

I cut all meats out of my diet except for fish and had a few beers once a week during this time.

This past month, I started to jog and am now at 3.5 km every other day and have lost another 3 kilos in the past month.

I feel much better now, both physically and mentally and will continue my diet and exercise. It just takes a bit of will power and I believe a bit of meat or beers here and there just to relax wouldn't hurt too much. I've been kinda strict on myself so I haven't eaten any pork, chicken or beef for the past 4 months.

The diet and exercise also helps your body to discard all of the toxins it has built up and aids in boosting your metabolism and immune system.

Hope this helps.

• 3 years later...

The US FDA is now allowing xenical to be an over the counter med, so it is considered quite safe. This med only works if you already dieting and exercising. In that case, patients are losing more weight than they would otherwise. In other words, instead of losing 5 pounds a month, losing 8. Not bad. Anyone know the brand name of Thai made xenical generic? I might give it a go. (If you know about the side effects, that is a pun.)

<font color='#000000'>Not a MD or prescribing any medication but Xenical is mainly used for cholestrol reduction. Costs about 55 baht. Available at private hospital pharmacies or larger pharmacies without prescription. A generic Thai compareable to xenical is 5 baht. Most drugs available without prescriptions,but caution should be used when not under Drs. advice.</font>

I have been using Xenical for about a year. I am under a Dr's care for cholesteral and the Xenical has had what we think only a marginal impact on the cholesteral count, albeit a positive one. Hence, I don't think doctors use it for treating cholesteral unless someone's count is already relatively low. However, it is very effective for doing what it is supposed to, but as you mention, is expensive. It can be bought over the counter from Boots at approx. what you are paying for it. I pay about THB 33 per tablet and the wife buys it a pharmaceutical wholesale place on Srinakarin (or whatever it is called when it passes Bangna heading south). The place is across the street from the Carrefour and Makro stores and the sign is in Thai. It is best that a Thai purchases the items or the price will skyrocket.

I am unaware of the comparable generic Thai pill. Please let me know what it is called. Also, how safe is it? Have you taken it?

• 10 months later...
<font color='#000000'>Not a MD or prescribing any medication but Xenical is mainly used for cholestrol reduction. Costs about 55 baht. Available at private hospital pharmacies or larger pharmacies without prescription. A generic Thai compareable to xenical is 5 baht. Most drugs available without prescriptions,but caution should be used when not under Drs. advice.</font>

I have been using Xenical for about a year. I am under a Dr's care for cholesteral and the Xenical has had what we think only a marginal impact on the cholesteral count, albeit a positive one. Hence, I don't think doctors use it for treating cholesteral unless someone's count is already relatively low. However, it is very effective for doing what it is supposed to, but as you mention, is expensive. It can be bought over the counter from Boots at approx. what you are paying for it. I pay about THB 33 per tablet and the wife buys it a pharmaceutical wholesale place on Srinakarin (or whatever it is called when it passes Bangna heading south). The place is across the street from the Carrefour and Makro stores and the sign is in Thai. It is best that a Thai purchases the items or the price will skyrocket.

I am unaware of the comparable generic Thai pill. Please let me know what it is called. Also, how safe is it? Have you taken it?

Anyone know any updates on the above ?

I wouldnt mind giving it a go. I would pay the 55 baht, but even better if there was a Thai generic. Anyone know the name and where I can buy from ?