Alert for U.S. Citizens in Siem Reap about vaccination

geovalin

The Siem Reap provincial government has announced that they will begin vaccinating foreigners resident in Siem Reap for COVID-19 from July 20, 2021 at 8:00 AM at the Siem Preap Provincial Hospital.  For information on eligibility please visit the following link.

https://kh.usembassy.gov/alert-for-u-s-citizens-in-siem-reap/

• Like 1

For reference from another media source (July 14th 2021) and please note "free of charge" and mention of registration-

All foreigners living in Siem Reap province are due to get vaccination against Covid-19 free of charge at Siem Reap Referral Hospital starting from July 20th at 8pm. However, the provincial authorities said that foreigners, who have already submitted their request for Covid-19 vaccination, could get vaccinated without any problem. But, those who have not yet submitted it need to do so at the Siem Reap city administration.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50893114/free-vaccination-given-for-foreigners-living-in-siem-reap-province/

As a foreign resident in Siem Reap, my landlord kindly made further enquiries. 2 vaccines will be available, Sinovac for the under 60's and Sinopharm for the over 60's. I was hoping for AstraZeneca and willing to pay for it, but it's availability is currently "in limbo" although Japan will donate 1 million doses in due course. My landlord is aware that I am an elderly insulin dependent diabetic and a British subject who will not have either of the two Chinese vaccines following UK Government guide lines (both vaccines not approved, as in the EU and USA). For the moment I do not need to register for a vaccination and must wait until information on an alternative vaccine is announced. My landlord will keep me informed.

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information