What is the best Thai site to order discount vitamins and nutritional supplements?

wjmark

My friend is in BKK... Where can she find the best/cheapest Thai site (or shop) to buy discount vitamins and nutritional supplements?

thanks. WJ

Also, where can she find full fat live culture yogurt, plain/unsweetened? Here in Canada I can get 10% fat natural Greek yogurt.

All locally produced are complete <deleted>, overpriced, low dose. Order from iHerb and wait a few weeks, a few doses of local Zinc won't save you from covid exposure..

There are some sellers on Lazda though that import from iHerb and resell at 2-2.5x which isn't a bad stop gap if you want to consume tomorrow

None . IHerb   Cheap and easy, just do not order too much in 1 go. Also vitacost, they do not offer free shipping like IHerb but have cheaper prices than IHerb and have their own no frills brand dirt cheap.

local sites that sell imported products charge 3 times more and locally made are iffy at best , no information or hardly any attached on how many mg or what is the actual content 

2 hours ago, BestB said:

None . IHerb   Cheap and easy, just do not order too much in 1 go. Also vitacost, they do not offer free shipping like IHerb but have cheaper prices than IHerb and have their own no frills brand dirt cheap.

local sites that sell imported products charge 3 times more and locally made are iffy at best , no information or hardly any attached on how many mg or what is the actual content 

I tried Iherb, but shipping is higher than the item. Wanted to buy some low dose aspirin. Was 177 baht, plus 223 baht shipping, and over 5 weeks to deliver. Unless I'm doing it wrong...

21 hours ago, Gold Star said:

I tried Iherb, but shipping is higher than the item. Wanted to buy some low dose aspirin. Was 177 baht, plus 223 baht shipping, and over 5 weeks to deliver. Unless I'm doing it wrong...

I think you had DHL express shipping , change to other one, DHL something which is the cheap one . Last time I ordered took about 17 days , maybe with Covid have big delays also see vita cost but for 1 item it may not be worth it 

23 hours ago, wjmark said:

BestB - you say " just do not order too much in 1 go"

What do you mean and why? thanks

What I mean is more than 5-6 items , if stopped by customs they normally let it through but if large quantities they seize it and ask for import license. Also small box has higher chance of getting through without any hassles over a large or heavy box 

Shoppee - best prices but limited range

Lazada - a little more than Shoppee but wider range

Anything the above do nto have = iHerb (not Thai based but they deliver here and pretty fast)

Yolida brand yogurt is good, unsweetened and available in most supermarkets in large tubs

Also easy to make your own yogurt here given the warm climate.

• Like 1

BestB - yes, I figured that all out after a while. Sent a 1480 baht box - should avoid duty! thnx

Sheryl - great. If I were there I would make my own yogurt, but for my friend, I think she wouldn't! Do you know of any high fat yogurts? 6-10% rather than 3.5% (or 0%!). She is trying a Keto diet...

56 minutes ago, wjmark said:

BestB - yes, I figured that all out after a while. Sent a 1480 baht box - should avoid duty! thnx

Sheryl - great. If I were there I would make my own yogurt, but for my friend, I think she wouldn't! Do you know of any high fat yogurts? 6-10% rather than 3.5% (or 0%!). She is trying a Keto diet...

High fat per se no, but one of the Greek yogurts would be higher in fat than Yolida

i forget the brands but easily found in supermarkets in Bangkok

9 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Yolida brand yogurt is good, unsweetened and available in most supermarkets in large tubs

My favorite brand...a new brand also available at Big-C and Tops called "Dairy Home" Organic Yogurt at the same price point is quite good and very different texture and taste (thinner and more tart) than Yolida.

iHerb.  Their selection and prices beat any online shop in Thailand.
However - shipping can be a PITA.  I made three orders last month.  The last two orders showed up in about 2 weeks.  The first order I made the first week in June still hasn't arrived.  I use postal plus which provides "tracking."  I see it was put in a bag in Melrose Park US on June 12th and that's that last tracking entry to be seen.  It becomes an overdue order on Thursday.  That's my main gripe with iHerb.  I don't mind waiting but I'd like to know where in the hell the package went to.  With the exception of the mail glitches - they are the best.

23 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Shoppee - best prices but limited range

Lazada - a little more than Shoppee but wider range

Anything the above do nto have = iHerb (not Thai based but they deliver here and pretty fast)

Also easy to make your own yogurt here given the warm climate.

I normally buy Blackmores Vitamin C 1000mg from Boots.  

Do you think vitamin C from iHerb will have the same quality? Just had a look on iHerb, so many options, a bit confused ???? 

22 minutes ago, falangUK said:

I normally buy Blackmores Vitamin C 1000mg from Boots.  

Do you think vitamin C from iHerb will have the same quality? Just had a look on iHerb, so many options, a bit confused ???? 

You need to do a little research.  Yet - they have a whole lot of options.  Do a search on types and quality of Vitamin C.  Look at the best types and brands.  Then look them up on iHerb.
Too much work?  Buy Blackmore.  It's expensive for Vitamin C.  I pay maybe half the price as I can buy at any Thai pharmacy for run of the mill ascorbic acid..  It's more useful when you're looking for say the most bioavaible form of zinc for instance. 
You get a discount on shipping if you buy over $40 but you need to cap your purchase at $46 to stay under the cap for customs.  That's official.  I've made order over $50 and never got charged customs but I normally keep it under $46.

Edited by ArcticFox
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 12:09 AM, ArcticFox said:

You need to do a little research.  Yet - they have a whole lot of options.  Do a search on types and quality of Vitamin C.  Look at the best types and brands.  Then look them up on iHerb.
Too much work?  Buy Blackmore.  It's expensive for Vitamin C.  I pay maybe half the price as I can buy at any Thai pharmacy for run of the mill ascorbic acid..  It's more useful when you're looking for say the most bioavaible form of zinc for instance. 
You get a discount on shipping if you buy over $40 but you need to cap your purchase at $46 to stay under the cap for customs.  That's official.  I've made order over $50 and never got charged customs but I normally keep it under $46.

Most useful information ???? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2021 at 9:33 PM, clivebaxter said:

I find lazada is cheaper than shops, got zinc today 155 baht cheapest in shop is 215

what brand did you buy? Because I am trying to find out which brands of vitamins and herbal medicines are good