Girlfriends First Trip To The Uk

chiang mai

Why is this considered a lovely thread?

Frankly, I find it a bit disturbing to hear so many people glorifying other people's - well, let's call a spade a spade - complete ignorance.

Some people Bendix were born not knowing everything and not having experienced every wonder of something new! For me personally I liken the current process to watching a child learn something new and that in itself can be rewarding or as others have put it, lovely.

So you liken watching the behaviour of a Thai adult to that of a child? How long have you been together?

I'm not going there so find someone else to bait.

Just remembered another one. On her first visit to England, my girlfriend was amazed to see people walking their dogs on leads.

She was even more amazed to see the owners pick up their dogs s**t, put it in a plastic bag, and take it home.

Regards

Jaiyenyen

She was even more amazed to see the owners pick up their dogs s**t, put it in a plastic bag, and take it home.

Regards

Jaiyenyen

Jaiyenyen, I'd also be amazed, when I lived in England there was dog <deleted> everywhere!

Yep gotta say a great post this, I can't help but smile over.

Me and the one who must be obeyed have been back in the UK a year today

And this post has brought back a lot of fond memory's of the last 12 months

Trouble is I got in too late and all the good observations have already been made

Typical

My wife's first time outside Thailand. Arrived at the begining of march 1987 (bad winter). Too dark to see anything when we arrived so next day went for a drive around the Kent countryside. "Why is everything dead!". Tried to explain seasons............

These post are great if you look at them in the right way. It is not about laughing at someone's ignorance, but enjoying a familiar experience from a totally different perspective. On arriving in the UK my wife pointed out so many trees, plants and flowers that I had not really noticed before. The questions she asked me over the years often make you think again about the way we live here (animal housekeeping included). There are also the funnies, like asking me why so many people could not afford to cover the bricks up on their houses.

Why is this considered a lovely thread?

Frankly, I find it a bit disturbing to hear so many people glorifying other people's - well, let's call a spade a spade - complete ignorance.

I am actually with you on this one!

Well we could either treat the subject thread the way it was intended, a light hearted view of another country by a Thai on her first trip - most people seem to have taken that approach - or we could dig down into the underlying causes and try to assess root causes for the lack of comprehension of things westerners take for granted as everyday knowledge. Personally I'm in favor of the former but if anyone wants to start another thread about the latter, I'll happily join in. We could make observations about the poor quality of education in Thailand, broach the subject of xenophobia, discuss the lack of equal opportunities for quality education for the poor and doubtless discuss any number of tangential issues. But if we do those things here we kinda take away from the spirit of light bigheartedness and fond recollection and recall that seems to have been established here and frankly, this is not the time or the place.

Edited by chiang mai

Regards

Jaiyenyen

Jaiyenyen, I'd also be amazed, when I lived in England there was dog <deleted> everywhere!

It's a fairly new law that seems to be policed quite vigourously in many areas.

Let's make those streets safe out there :o