Microsoft Azure Tax

xylophone

I received an email this morning (part of which is below) which said that a 7 percent VAT Tax would be added to electronic services sold to Thai customers, and it also suggested I was registered as an Azure customer in Thailand. Well I have no idea what Azure is, and I have no recollection of being registered as a user, and I don't use any of the Microsoft cloud programs or anything like that, I am just a straightforward Microsoft Windows 10 user, most of the time just using email.

Can anyone throw any light on this??

"You’re receiving this email because you’re registered as an Azure customer in Thailand."

"To comply with the new e-Service Tax Law in Thailand, Microsoft will apply a value-added tax (VAT) rate of 7 percent to electronic services sold to Thai customers beginning September 1, 2021".

3 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

I got the same e-mail because I'm an Azure customer, and they need my Thai VAT

I'm not a Azure customer and I don't give out my VAT online.

Treated as spam

Anyway, your TAX ID would not help. They want a business tax id. not the private tax id. This is that you  not had to pay the 7% tax if you own a Thai business which have a tax id. 

They send this email I guess to everybody who use some of the MS services. I also received this email, and i not think this is spam, because they not use a link. They only give an explanation hot to setup the tax id. 

But for most it's not usable. as I told it's for business not private!!!