Pattaya authorities clearly explain what you need to travel between provinces right now as a maximum control zone

webfact

1 hour ago, bbko said:

While this sounds like a good protective measure I can tell you it's a dog and pony show. Over the past two days, my wife drove from Sakon Nakon to Pattaya, did the above app request and was approved. BUT in her two day travel from Issan to Pattaya didn't encounter a single police checkpoint.  Its all smoke and mirrors.  

Edit.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Providing food, medicine and others necessary items/Caregivers

That's a great catch-all for wherever you want to travel for any (actual) reason - just give some food to the needy at your destination as well.

4 hours ago, bbko said:

While this sounds like a good protective measure I can tell you it's a dog and pony show. Over the past two days, my wife drove from Sakon Nakon to Pattaya, did the above app request and was approved. BUT in her two day travel from Issan to Pattaya didn't encounter a single police checkpoint.  Its all smoke and mirrors.  

Yes...putting such "propaganda" out there en masse makes many/most sheeple apprehensive enough not to try. Works quite well without really doing much or anything. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, law ling said:

I've a trip (PTY-BKK) coming up for #3 "vax appointment" - but I'm not sure about my taxi driver ... will  he be covered by #1 "caregiver"? ... maybe.

#3 vax? I thought all you need is 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

Yes...putting such "propaganda" out there en masse makes many/most sheeple apprehensive enough not to try. Works quite well without really doing much or anything. 

The object is to contain the virus and to stop the virus from spreading .

6 hours ago, bbko said:

We have a checkpoint on HW 11 a few kilometers past the Lamphun-Lampang border.  It's been up for about three weeks and I've seen it manned twice.  However they did set up an impromptu checkpoint about 7km from the Lamphun City cutoff at Doi Tii that was manned yesterday.  Overall it doesn't inspire confidence.  It's really up to the villages to protect themselves which in the case of our village they do.  Anyone showing up from a Red zone with the intention of staying goes into home quarantine. 

Edited by connda
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The object is to contain the virus and to stop the virus from spreading .

Seems you agree then, as you simply repeated that which was already alluded. 

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, bbko said:

BUT in her two day travel from Issan to Pattaya didn't encounter a single police checkpoint.

As seen in a vlog yesterday and confirmed by a thread here today:

No buses from Pattaya to Bangkok? Take a taxi and don't be hassled.

No checkpoints at all.

• Like 2

Wow. So many people posting here that are reporting their movements across the country, when it is clear that the government is telling people not to do it.

People traveling are just in positions to potentially spread the virus further. 
But expats are different from everybody else and can do what they want. I forgot, sorry.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, JupiterRising said:

Wow. So many people posting here that are reporting their movements across the country, when it is clear that the government is telling people not to do it.

But expats are different from everybody else and can do what they want. I forgot, sorry.

This expat wanted to explain...oh $hit...almost forgot my GrabTaxi to BKK is coming! Sorry. ????

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

As seen in a vlog yesterday and confirmed by a thread here today:

No buses from Pattaya to Bangkok? Take a taxi and don't be hassled.

No checkpoints at all.

What about taking a taxi from Bangkok to Pattaya. Will I be hassled?

5 hours ago, JupiterRising said:

Necessary travel is permitted.  Most cars on the road are driven by Thais, so not sure what point you're trying to make.

2 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

What about taking a taxi from Bangkok to Pattaya. Will I be hassled?

Not currently, if one will take you.  The 7 Motorway is currently operating without checks, and so far it doesn't seem that there are any at either end.  If that changes, hopefully it will be reported here.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Not currently, if one will take you.  The 7 Motorway is currently operating without checks, and so far it doesn't seem that there are any at either end.  If that changes, hopefully it will be reported here.

My wife is in Bangkok and needs to return to Pattaya on Monday, that's why I asked. She already has a taxi lined up, the same one that brought her to Bangkok a few weeks ago. The taxi driver seems to think there won't be a problem, but I'm just checking.

These measures were put in place to stop/slow down the first wave. Lessen the impact of the first wave so there is time to prepare for the 2nd wave. The first wave was stopped so well that that has now become the response to all further waves. Well folks, those waves are gonna keep on keeping on.

24 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

My wife is in Bangkok and needs to return to Pattaya on Monday, that's why I asked. She already has a taxi lined up, the same one that brought her to Bangkok a few weeks ago. The taxi driver seems to think there won't be a problem, but I'm just checking.

To be safe, register on the website and get a QR code. But unless something changes in the next few days, I doubt there will be any problems.