Bangkok Aims to Open 53 Community Isolation Centers by Early Next Month

2377659aacf728c94fe1fed08c5a3c89_small.jpeg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) plans to open 53 community isolation centers with 6,013 beds, for COVID-19 patients waiting for hospital admission, by early next month.

Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang said on Friday that the BMA is ready to open 23 such isolation centers right away, with 3,390 beds, for patients who could not enter home isolation, and intends to open at least one isolation center per district.

Meanwhile, National Health Security Office (NHSO) secretary-general Dr Jadej Thammathach-aree said home and community isolation is a recent public health measure, designed to handle the shortage of hospital beds and influx of patients amid the daily rising caseload.

According to the NHSO, COVID-19 patients with no or only mild symptoms in Bangkok and surrounding provinces have been cared for in home isolation or community isolation since 12 July, including 2,500 patients who called the 1330 hotline of the NHSO and have not yet been assigned hospital beds.

nnt.jpg

In a rut ?

Failing to plan is planning to fail. Perhaps an administration of Doctors could try to do as stellar jab/jobby? Luckily lots more talks about pre orders so we may all get pricked in the next life or failing that several incarnations soon after , it's all Karma. Asoke's wheel with honey at the hub and rough rimming for those who are neither boss nor spokesmen.

• Like 1

I just Love the way that as time goes on, and they report about these " Community isolation Centers " the standard of these places is improving with every photo.

The first Photo I saw published of one of these centers was a load of pop-up tents under a Motorway Bridge in Klong Toey, with straw mattresses to lie on.

Now, a couple of weeks down the line, they are all nice and clean, and even have curtains, and proper Beds

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

I just Love the way that as time goes on, and they report about these " Community isolation Centers " the standard of these places is improving with every photo.

The first Photo I saw published of one of these centers was a load of pop-up tents under a Motorway Bridge in Klong Toey, with straw mattresses to lie on.

Now, a couple of weeks down the line, they are all nice and clean, and even have curtains, and proper Beds

I guess it depends on how you arrive when you get tested... walk-in or drive-in, in your Merc.

14 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

They show you this photo to encourage you so you find yourself in an underground parking lot