Shaving Gel

macb

Just wondering if anyone uses this very Popular brand name G....... ;

Have you experienced that the gel cannot express properly becasue of low pressure in the can, I have experineced this afew times now : I wonder if they are brought into Thailand by air and this is causing the problem sometimes:

Could it be a Health and Safety issue ie resulting in exploding cans ?

Just wondering if anyone uses this very Popular brand name G....... ;

Have you experienced that the gel cannot express properly becasue of low pressure in the can, I have experineced this afew times now : I wonder if they are brought into Thailand by air and this is causing the problem sometimes:

Could it be a Health and Safety issue ie resulting in exploding cans ?

Aerosol cans and products are supposed to be prohibited on aircraft now, both carry-on & checked baggage. Obviously, the checking proceedure is not 100%. Possible it was damaged by the air flight, but I think many of the western products produced in Asia under license are of sub-standard quality. You can buy shave gel or cream in a squeeze tube for air travel, but you have to look around to find it. I think Boots Pharm has some.

Pressurised cans should not really be taken aboard aeroplanes for obvious reasons. I learn't the hard way with a can of shaving gel rupturing for some reason or other (faulty valve I think) in my luggage. Made a right mess.

Cheers,

Soundman.

I take this particular shaving cream/gel in my carry on. It's allowable. As far as the pressurization problem. Yes, from time to time it seems like they haven't added enough propellant or whatever they use.

thai related?

Yes - the OP stated it "was brought to Thailand by air".

:o

Cheers,

Soundman.

i ran out of shaving foam about 2 years ago,i had a badger brush i used for cleaning my key board,took a bar of ordinary bar of soap lathered up ,had the best shave in years now never use expensive gel,keyboards a mess though :D

Hello,

Yes I have the same problem with this brand started doing the soap and brush myself as well. The gel IS better for me but I won't let myself over spend for something I cant use all of. The other foam that begins with an N.... seems to have full pressure till the end but its not as good as the gel.

When I go back to the usa I get this gel from trader joes that is not in a pressurized can its in like a lotion squeeze bottle. Problem with that is that other family members like to use this for shaving legs so its never around long enough.

Yes for travellers aerosols are banned but what about Bulk Deliveries for suppliying to Shops, is the product made in THailand under licence or in a neighbouring country.

yes indeed, you will get extra shaves by warming the can slightly, same as you will get extra lights out of disposable lighter by warming that sometimes..

Slightly off topic now though... What's going on here?

I'm sitting here with my Stella Artois beer, you perhaps with your Chang, Leo, SIngha, whatever, but we are avoiding writing out Gillette, WIlkinson, Nicky Clarke, whatever.... ??? :D

Well, Anybody watch the L****pool match last week?

I didn't realise we'd gotten so cautious about naming brands...

:o

By the way, this way typed on a H******-P****** keyboard on a C****Q laptop.

I've had exactly the same problem with the same product. No squirt from new, took it back to Lotus got a new one.

Took a lot of test squirts by 'customer service' both from the faulty can and a new one brought from stock for comparison.

EDIT I doubt that something like this would be air freighted, it's neither valuable nor perishable, sea transport in a container.

Edited by Crossy