What do you think about Reddit's /Thailand community?

zhounan

I sometimes follow the Reddit community and am always surprised by the tenure of the discussions, a strong presence of "social justice warriors", double standards, protest sponsorship, hypocrisy and infantilism.
It seems to be a community created around a group of individuals close to Reuters and Khaosod.

What is your impression? Thank you for your attention.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Who the flig is Reddit.

It's a group of bibliophiles who , if you mention any book in the world you can think of will shout 

' Reddit ' in your face.  Apparently, within the group this gains you a lot of kudos. ??

• Haha 1

What do you think about Reddit's Thailand community?

About the same as I think of Twitter, Instagram, and Faceplant.

I don't use the first three at all.  I log on to Faceplant maybe 10 minutes every second or third day specifically to keep in contact with US family.  Other than that it's of no use to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, connda said:

What do you think about Reddit's Thailand community?

It didn't even cross my mind that there was one until I saw the OP.

The only time I look at Reddit posts is when they come up in a search generally when I am looking at something technical to do phones or pc's 

• Haha 1

I don't think they are idiots, I think much more dishonestly, they are testimonial groups to massage the opinions of a mass of childish, hypocritical individuals.

I think some of them are Khaosod  insiders.

• Sad 1

On 7/26/2021 at 6:22 PM, thvima said:

Reddit as most ridiculous forums has a moderators team of idiots who ban you for saying the truth. Reddit will die soon just as most stupid forums

I've avoided Reddit for many years, hearing what I have about them. I recently succumbed given this lockdown boredom. There's a guy who's in both the TEFL and Thailand Reddits, posts a lot, maybe a mod, I'm not sure. My God, in my first few posts he just crapped on me. Then all his other posts I've seen are know-it-all, condescending. The site's reputation is well deserved. Why should anyone go there and subject themselves to that? Why do these people with insatiable egos do this for years on end? <deleted>'s the point?

We like to talk a bit of trash around here, some playful jabs, mostly. But they totally take it to a whole new level. I'm with you and doubt it'll be sustainable.

On 7/26/2021 at 6:39 PM, connda said:

I log on to Faceplant maybe 10 minutes every second or third day specifically to keep in contact with US family. 

I've never been on FB, but have dipped my feet into other social media, like Reddit, and some forums my friends and fam are on. I've been backing away from all of them. I now keep in touch with via direct message. There's no need to always post and show everything to the world. I'll drop them each a line individually, and we can have conversations like the good ol' days. Haha. This social media, it's become just too infected with all this snarkiness, aggressive, confrontational, competitive nature. I think such are one of the main reasons we escaped to the LOS. Why drag it back here with us?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1