Water tap valves, where to buy?

pookett

I know I can buy these online but is there a bricks and mortar store in Patong or elsewhere on Phuket where I can just amble in and buy one of whichever size necessary?

The type of valve I mean is the type that fits inside an actual tap on a basin or sink. The tap is a good quality one, not the sort you simply replce the entire thing just for dripping valve.

TIA

Edited by pookett

The dripping valve is most likely the gasket at the bottom of the valve.  You should be able to change that out quickly.  Simply unscrew it and pop in a new one.

P.S.     If you have a cartridge system ignore the line above and think "Daft <deleted> doesn't know what he's talking about".  Replace the whole damm cartridge

Construction or plumbing supply house should have the gaskets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Surprised HomePro or Global can't help. In Patong we use Eddie's shop south end of Nanai Road just opposite/past Soi 6 turn off

Homepro often doesn't have if you ask, have to find yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like Eddie's is gone, possibly a bike repair shop where I remember it being. Will try Homepro again as I assumed they would have them.

The two on Prabaramee, been to one but will try the "orange" one tomorrow, usually the last call as they're much pricier than the others.

Not tried Global yet, virgin trip overdue there.

Ta.

2 hours ago, pookett said:

Looks like Eddie's is gone, possibly a bike repair shop where I remember it being. Will try Homepro again as I assumed they would have them.

The two on Prabaramee, been to one but will try the "orange" one tomorrow, usually the last call as they're much pricier than the others.

Not tried Global yet, virgin trip overdue there.

Ta.

I think LiK was referring to Veerakit Hardware, which is actually opposite and a little past Soi 8 heading south on Nanai.

• Thanks 1

There is (sorry - there used to be) lots of small ‘hardware’ stores scattered around it is/was surprising what they have, simply ask, if all else fails try Keehin on the by-pass road.

good luck with your search

• Like 1

Hard to find what you are looking for, many places will not stock simply because they want you to buy a whole new tap, way of thinking for Thais. Try buying a replacement  'O' ring rubber for a sink/basin pop up or flip plug! same same.

One of the problems with ceramic valve taps is that there are many different cartridges - local shops might not want to stock them all - especially if the local population use 'old style' taps with rubber washers. 

My experience with installing other 'quality' items has been that its far easier to buy things like that in Bangkok.