Banking- Patong

sammieuk1

I have been locked out of my Kasikorn FCD account for 18 months I will have the passbook with me when I return via the sandbox /Patong next week is there a branch there that will update my account and exchange

my own money my account is registered in Chiang Mai and anyone who has done this before will know the problems I'm likely to face Thanks ????  

I had a kassikon fcd accounts last year. But cashed it in now as all things had to be done in the bank branch.. can't do nothing on line .even when I had to update book had to put sterling in . would not take Thai bhat.so make sure you bring some sterling with you.or you our currency.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

I had a kassikon fcd accounts last year. But cashed it in now as all things had to be done in the bank branch.. can't do nothing on line .even when I had to update book had to put sterling in . would not take Thai bhat.so make sure you bring some sterling with you.or you our currency.

I mention this before, it is getting harder and harder to exchange foreign currency in this country.

Is it because the THB  loses its value?

Who knows?

3 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

And how much money was in the account ??  Sounds BS to me.

I have friend lives in UK and has Kbank account.  Last few years he spends over year in UK. comes back Thailand can still get money. Just has to go to a branch and verify account with his passport. 

I believe this. It happened to me in 2014 with KrungThai. My account was inactive for >12 months and was closed by the bank and the money forfeited. There was anly a few thousand in the account but little I.could do.

• Sad 1

According to this document (below), there are 6 K-bank branches in Phuket that provide FCD services. Three are in Patong - the main branch on 200 Pii, the one at the south end of town on Pracha Nukhro, and the one in Jungceylon. 

I don't have personal experience, but I remember hearing many years ago that you could only withdraw funds from the branch that originally opened the FCD account. This may have changed over time, and hopefully someone with recent experience can give you the correct answer.

https://www.kasikornbank.com/th/personal/Account/Documents/list-branch-account.pdf    The Phuket branches are #152-157 on page 4.

K-Bank's website includes the following in the FCD FAQ section:

Q: Can FCD transactions be made at non-account holding branches?

A: Yes, deposits and withdrawals can be made at non-account holding branches designated to provide FCD account services. However, for current FCD accounts, transactions must be made at account holding branches only. For MYR deposit accounts, transactions can be made at only the Phahon Yothin Main Branch.