CDC study shows 74% of people infected in Massachusetts Covid outbreak were fully vaccinated

Who among us thinks that vaccinations insure one cannot contract the virus?

The answer should be "no one".

I fear that some people think that once they're vaccinated they can throw all caution to the wind, so they let their guards down, and voila, infected. 

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has a pretty high vaccination rate - although some counties are quite low, so chances are hgh that people who contract the virus have been vaccinated. My home county, Middlesex, has 72% with at least one dose. 

https://www.mass.gov/doc/weekly-covid-19-vaccination-report-july-29-2021/download

• Like 2

So most vaccinated people just get mild flu-like symptoms.  Result!

Of course some test positive - that's how immunity works, your body recognizes the infection and responds - and if tested at that point many will be positive.  Same thing happens when you have a booster shot .... slight flu symptoms as your body responds, but won't test positive as virus is inactivated.

But does mean everyone needs to be vaccinated, as herd immunity ain't going to happen.

• Like 2

Funny how quick the media is to spread dramatic scare stories.  Vested interest?

Nobody seems to care that most Polio cases are spread by vaccinated people, or post flu vaccination you can still get mild flu.  Got to keep up the Zombie Apocalypse narrative.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

But does mean everyone needs to be vaccinated, as herd immunity ain't going to happen

why ?  most poeple sufer no to mild symptoms, a small minority have to be hospitalised and a smaller minority unfortunately die.

Those who have caught it and recover have at least as much protection from re infection as those "fully jabbed"

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, johng said:

why ?  most poeple sufer no to mild symptoms, a small minority have to be hospitalised and a smaller minority unfortunately die.

Those who have caught it and recover have at least as much protection from re infection as those "fully jabbed"

I was just thinking that the initial vaccination driver was to achieve herd immunity of 70% vaccinated to eradicate COVID by giving it nowhere to go.  This will protect the 30% unvaccinated.  But now we know vaccinated people can still spread it, that 70% needs to be raised to 100%. 

Or more practical .... we just use vaccination to help protect the vulnerable - and open everything up.

5 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Nobody seems to care that most Polio cases are spread by vaccinated people

I thought polio had been eradicated in the west?

Google says polio is only in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:
5 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Nobody seems to care that most Polio cases are spread by vaccinated people

It has... but all you have done is respond to ‘noise’.... Someone who has made a statement without backing up any facts from a reliable source. 

Any idiot can come on to a forum and state: Measles is spread by people who are not vaccinated and some people will silly enough to either believe them or take on the argument.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Yes 'wild' polio was eradicated in the West, but some recent cases in Africa and elsewhere were caused by vaccinated people passing on the live virus.  I think some types of 'live virus' vaccinations carry this risk, but COVID vaccines use different technology, so no similar risk.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/disease-outbreak-news/item/circulating-vaccine-derived-poliovirus-type-2-global-update

Edited by Kinnock
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

It has... but all you have done is respond to ‘noise’.... Someone who has made a statement without backing up any facts from a reliable source. 

Any idiot can come on to a forum and state: Measles is spread by people who are not vaccinated and some people will silly enough to either believe them or take on the argument.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/disease-outbreak-news/item/circulating-vaccine-derived-poliovirus-type-2-global-update

• 2 weeks later...

In the article I didn't see any mention of deaths among the breakthroughs.  And that is the point.  The shot is to prevent the virus from having severe effects.

A few years back I seemed to be coming down with a flu, which I thought was not possible because I got a flu shot that season.  Also, the symptoms were unfamiliar (I can't count how many times I've had flu).  Went to the doctor, she did the ol' q-tip up the nose, and sure enough it was a flu.  Didn't knock me on my butt so bad, and didn't have that spaced-out feeling.  But anyway that was when I learned these things aren't about necessarily about prevention of a disease but survival of it.  I guess this is a new paradigm in vaccine technology: when I was a kid polio shots were mandatory (1950s-60s) and so were a few others (anyone remember which inoculation left an oval scar of the upper arm?), but I have no recollection of claims these things made the cases milder, it was all about prevention.