Thai Retirement Extension - Bank-Book check for Baht 800,000 after 90 days

On 8/3/2021 at 10:32 AM, mikebell said:

Ditto.  Just be careful you don't mix the extra bank check date with your normal 90 day report - it cost me 2000 to learn this.

I reckon that their income is severely reduced due to no tourists so they are being extra diligent in applying any fines they can.

Edited by LongTimeLurker
typo

reply to Ubonjoe

went to Pathum Thani Immigration today. I was told last 15 day I would get a 60 day visa (remember Joe?) Then told again today 60 days ok.

When I was in cab for return 45 minute ride to home I saw it was for 15 days! My Thai wife said they told her to have motorcycle man come next time for 60 days. I have to pay another 1900B and rider?

Can I trust them?  LOL

11 minutes ago, konaboy said:

reply to Ubonjoe

went to Pathum Thani Immigration today. I was told last 15 day I would get a 60 day visa (remember Joe?) Then told again today 60 days ok.

When I was in cab for return 45 minute ride to home I saw it was for 15 days! My Thai wife said they told her to have motorcycle man come next time for 60 days. I have to pay another 1900B and rider?

Can I trust them?  LOL

Always check the passport when you receive it back, same in immigration arrivals in Swampy where they can stamp you in for the wrong time, and it's always YOUR fault that the permitted to stay date is wrong.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, konaboy said:

reply to Ubonjoe

Can I trust them?  LOL

You got a under consideration stamp with a report back date 15 days after it was done.

When go back they will do a 60 day extension stamp from the day your current permit to stay ends.

• Thanks 1

On 8/2/2021 at 3:19 PM, PBob said:

I was at Pathum immigration a couple if weeks ago for 90 day report, my wife asked about the paper in my passport asking to report bank funds in August and November. We were told that we did not need to report and that they would check when I extended permussion to stay.

Driving back I got the wife to phone the office to confirm, which they did.

I would telephone them to check.

Your likely to get different answers from different people. They can also tell you that the person you spoke to misunderstood the directive and told you incorrectly. Basically, it's whatever they feel like telling you because it's obviously not an "official requirement".

12 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Always check the passport when you receive it back, same in immigration arrivals in Swampy where they can stamp you in for the wrong time, and it's always YOUR fault that the permitted to stay date is wrong.

Once flying into Bangkok (Don Mueang) on a return flight from HCMC the immigration officer handed my passport back to me without stamping it. Obviously I caught this because I watch every move they make as none of them can be trusted to do their job correctly, period!!!

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration will not accept proof of transfers into a Thai bank to apply for a non-o visa. They only accept proof of income from a embassy that you cannot get if you are from the US.

Since you are married to a Thai you your best option would be to apply for non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai.

Then you could apply for a one year extension based upon marriage by showing 40k baht of income or 65k baht for a extension based upon retirement. For marriage you only need 400k baht in Thai bank for 2 months.

If you have a Thai bank account I suggest you start transferring the 40k or 65k before traveling to here.

Ubonjoe, I lived in LOS for 3 yrs on a Non-O, based on retirement then left to work in the U.S. (4 years later) now retiring for good.  I do not have a bank account right now.  I will open one when I return.  Our marriage was done in the U.S. and not certified in the Amphoe.  Can I get the extension based on Retirement if I only have 2 months of income in the bank at the time I apply?   I am really hesitant to tie money up in the Thai bank.  Do I need to get something from my pension agency to prove I have one or just show bank statements showing it going into my U.S. bank and then transferred to the Thai Bank?  Sorry for all the questions.  I have read dozens of these questions/answers before but sometimes it just does not sound simple.  Thanks.

Hi,

I updated my retirement type O extension last week at Ayutthaya. On checking today about the dates for the need to keep 800k in my bank for three months, 400k for six months and back to 800k for the three months before the next extension, I was told I just needed 800k for the last three months. Does anyone know if the rules have changed  or did I get some incorrect info? 

Thanks

1 hour ago, jnp73 said:

I was told I just needed 800k for the last three months. Does anyone know if the rules have changed  or did I get some incorrect info? 

The 800k baht only has to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply. It was changed from the 3 months in March of 2019 when the 3 months after rule went into effect.