A Visa For France

After checking your forum, I couldn't find the information I'm looking for.

I'd like to invite a Thai friend to visit me in France. I checked the French Embassy's site but I'd like to get some advice from people who have applied for a tourist visa with their Thai friend( Sorry for my very basic english, that's all that remains after studying it for so many years.....)

1- What do they expect from me in a "letter of motivation"? Any ideas? To show him around? to give him the oportunity to visit my country after visiting him for so many times? I really have no idea of what they expect. Of course, I can financially support him while he's here.

2-He doesn't own much but he ahs a bank account. Will they check how much is on it? is there a limit under which they will refuse him the visa?

3- Would a letter from his employer saying he's taking holidays but will get his job back when he returns be useful?

4- Should I say on the Application form I'm the one who will pay for the cost of travelling and for his cost of living?

Any suggestions welcome as it's the 1st time I have to handle that sort of situation

Thanks for anyone who could help me :o

For number 1 put returning your friends hospitality to you in Thailand

Number 2 The French Embassy will probably want to see that he has some money to support himself if the need arises.

Number 3 A letter from the employer is crucial. It will evidence a compelling reason for him to return to Thailand after the visit.

Number 4 A letter from you regarding you covering costs will be helpful.

Good luck.