Vaccinations are available at MedPark hospital in Bangkok

skatewash

Got the same email about 20 minutes ago.  Just booked for Pfizer on 10 August, was just about the share the link.  Fingers crossed.

From the looks of it, appointments are in the morning from 3rd - 9th August for AZ / Sinovac then evenings from 10th for Pfizer.

Edited by SooKee
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Registered, got an appointment which they then cancelled and told me to come in any day from 13th August between 8.00am and 5.00pm. So we're leaving shortly! Hopefully it is still going to be my choice of Pfizer Bio-n-tech.

• Like 1

Update - very very efficient, loads of helpers, got registered bin, the passport number on the registration had one digit wrong that caused some confusion but later they corrected the system. Took BP - too high considering I am on medication - probably stress. How heavy?  100 kg, how tall?  5 feet 7 inches  - puzzled looks, in Metres? No idea but wait - got 3metre Stanley tape measure in bag (don't ask lol!), took it out, extended it and gave it to them - "you measure me?" Disbelief at first followed by laughter. Why, don't all farang carry Stanley tape measures? Then up to desk in front, given a number and a form, corrected computer, "go to booth number 3". So went, was met and ushered in and sat down, doctor (I assume) in white coat - very pretty btw - "Pfizer?" - "yes please", got injected, given paper, sent to next area to sit for 30 boring minutes - accosted immediately, paper taken, told to sit, found wife, went and sat with her. 30 minutes later called over, BP taken again - back down to normal by then, no side effects, can go home. No one keeled over in the waiting area - so much for anti-vax nay-sayers - and drove home. Roads amazingly clear but toll booths charging 50 baht for a 1km stretch of motorway, then turned off and charged another 40 baht immediately is bloody excessive. I suppose if no one rides their expensive trains they got to recoup the money in some other way so heavy tolls every few km is the way. Side effects, during the day upper arm got progressively more painful, took two paracetamol - all better this morning.

The black eye is going to be reported as a covid effect. I only grabbed Doctor's pert little bum a bit, no call to smack me in the eye and hit me over the head with a bed pan - over reacting. Perhaps the vaccine fumes were getting to her? Definitely going to report it as a Pfizer undesirable side effect.

That last paragraph is pure fiction in case my wife finds out.

That is also pure fiction. But I recommend Med Park if they are still accepting registrations. Quick, efficient and painless and a Monday is a good day to go it seems!

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/2/2021 at 3:03 AM, nightfox said:

App is useless for us that are under 60 as it will get declined. Hopefully registration for expats under 60 will be available later this month.

I assume it is.

Last week my farang friend got Pfizer for free.

She is in her 20s and no underlying health conditions that I am aware of and certainly not pregnant (at least I hope not, haha)

Final update on MedPark - wandered in for 2nd Pfizer jab, this time very busy but showed my appt paper and was given a number 225. Thought oh dear, gonna be here all day but 5 mins later got moved to the front so I could hear my number when called - very thoughtful of them, had BP taken - skyrocketed way over normal for some reason like last time - I question their machine's accuracy because I got 2 machines at home and both agree a normal BP. Took height and weight details again, my number called and sent to a Pfizer booth. Got jabbed 5 mins later, waited a boring 30 mins, took BP again, same reading as last time's 2nd reading, and off we went home. No drama at all and apart from slightly sort jab spot for a couple of days no reaction either.

Meanwhile our own hospital, Central General Hospital is offering Moderna jabs so my wife went to book one, 3300 baht and they expect to get vaccines sometime in October. Having paid discovered that the Government are only giving them 50% of their requirements so no guarantees on my wife getting jabbed even though I already paid. None on refunds either I suspect!