60 Day Covid Extension- have to wait 2 weeks

I applied at an empty Ubon Immigration on July 30.  Actually wanted to apply last week but the immigration boss told me that I would need to pay an 800 baht fine because my GF didn't report I was residing at her place within 24 hours.  For some reason, if I applied in a week, I wouldn't need to pay the fine.  I told him I would come back in a week.  This seemed odd to me because what would a week fix but I decided to do what he wanted.  Just smiled and told him I would be back in a week.

My concern is my  current retirement visa expires today(Aug.1).  A pending application stamp was added to my passport with a date to return of August 16 with an application date of July 30.  If I receive the visa, I assume it will begin on July 30 but not sure.  If not I will have a 16 day overstay?

Last question- if all else fails can't I just get a 30 day extension while I wait for the 60 day extension?

There will be no overstay fine. It is almost certain that the Covid extension will be granted. The under consideration period happens because of the seniority of the officer required to sign off on the extension.

There is absolutely no way you can apply for two different extensions at the same time.

7 hours ago, BritTim said:

There will be no overstay fine. It is almost certain that the Covid extension will be granted. The under consideration period happens because of the seniority of the officer required to sign off on the extension.

There is absolutely no way you can apply for two different extensions at the same time.

Thank you for the response and it puts me at ease.  The senior officer was not at the office when I applied.  Only 2 young women and what you stated makes complete sense.