Tourist Visa - Using E-visa Site & Thai Embassy in London

Hi all - has anyone from the UK obtained a Tourist Visa recently? I've submitted my application on https;?//thaievisa.go.th/Home & sent my Passport with supporting documents to the Royal Thai Embassy, 29-30 Queen's Gate, LONDON SW7 5JB.

Issues:

1) Passport and supporting documents sent via Royal Mail Special Delivery - using the online tracking, the last couple of days the message has been '....address was inaccessible.' They will try again tomorrow.

Tried calling the Thai Embassy on 0207 589 2944. Yesterday I was on hold for 1h40mins & gave up. Called again this morning - been on hold for 1h15mins so far. Was 25th in the queue when the call started.

Trying to confirm I have used the correct postal address - the thaievisa site tells you next steps are send Passport / Supporting documents to London but doesn't confirm the exact address.

Also trying to understand why the address was inaccessible and whether they are receiving any Royal mail post etc.

Thankfully I've allowed plenty of time before my flight to get this sorted but the process has been far from straightforward.

I've emailed both [email protected][email protected] to try and sort out these issues - visa@thai embassy sent an auto response saying 3-5 working days to reply. I'll see what they come back with.

2) E-visa site - Supporting Documents - my application is for a Tourist Visa (Single Entry) for 60 days - one of the supporting documents requested was a Letter of Invitation. I replied saying N/A. Why is a Letter of Invitation being requested? Anyone else experieinced this & if so, how did you respond?

If anyone can assist with better contact names / numbers, email addresses or replies to queries I've raised, that would be much appreciated. Painful.

Plan B is Visa Exempt but the additional 15 days has been factored into my return flights / condo & timeline for changing visas so it's essential I obtain the TR.

CB

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Did you send it to this address shown their contact page. https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/page/81604-address-numbers-email-addresses?menu=5d6636ce15e39c3bd0007337

"Royal Thai Embassy, 29-30 Queen's Gate, London, SW7 5JB"

Thanks. I'm using the correct Postal Address - I added Visa Section which shouldn't be an issue. Not sure why Royal Mail are saying address was inaccessible over multiple tries (Friday / Monday & this morning. Also used the correct email so I'll see what they come back with.

The contact number is correct but hopefully the Ext numbers you have provided will help me avoid the queues. I'll give it another go after 2PM today.

Have you seen any similar issues being raised on the forum?

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't recall any reports similar to yours.

Reassuring and slightly confusing at the same time. Thanks.

Any thoughts on the Letter of invitation request? I assumed it was being asked for incorrectly for a Tourist Visa (Single Entry) but the system doesn't allow you to proceed to submit application until you have uploaded a PDF document for that Section. I basicually uploaded a doc with the Question cut & paste and the reply N/A. I'll see what they come back with.

The Embassy website has an announcement that they are doing "deep cleaning" 2-4 August.  Whilst the announcement says postal services are still ongoing it may perhaps have some connection with your issues.

"Royal Thai Embassy, London Public Announcement Temporary Suspension of Services During the Embassy’s Deep Cleaning from 2-4 August 2021"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

The Embassy website has an announcement that they are doing "deep cleaning" 2-4 August.  Whilst the announcement says postal services are still ongoing it may perhaps have some connection with your issues.

"Royal Thai Embassy, London Public Announcement Temporary Suspension of Services During the Embassy’s Deep Cleaning from 2-4 August 2021"

Thank you - much appreciated. That explains it. Hopefully get delivered / signed for on Thursday latest once the deep clean is completed.

I can stop listening to the massage background music.......

• Like 1

the last time I tried to contact the Thai Embassy in London was back in Nov and December 2019. It seems as though nothing has changed since then. I eventually took Ubonjoe's advice and travelled without. I got a tourist visa on arrival and was able to change it later.

Thank you Ubonjoe, I am unfortunately back in UK and waiting for the gates to open again. At age 81 I am having a problem meeting the requirements of the C of E. 

I have been double jabbed with the AZ vaccine in the UK but I understand I will still have to quarantine on arrival. Who is going to provide be with affordable Health Insurance at my age?

fgmr

4 hours ago, fgmr said:

Thank you Ubonjoe, I am unfortunately back in UK and waiting for the gates to open again. At age 81 I am having a problem meeting the requirements of the C of E. 

I have been double jabbed with the AZ vaccine in the UK but I understand I will still have to quarantine on arrival. Who is going to provide be with affordable Health Insurance at my age?

You could apply for a tourist visa or enter visa exempt and then apply for a non-o visa at immigration. To apply for the visa you would 800k baht in a Thai bank on the day you apply Then apply for a one year extension during the last 30 day of the 90 day entry. 

The only insurance that would be required is the $100,000 covid 19 insurance valid for your length of stay (60 days). The insurance is can be issued up to the age of 99. See: https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

On 8/3/2021 at 6:17 PM, Carrbhoy said:

Reassuring and slightly confusing at the same time. Thanks.

Any thoughts on the Letter of invitation request? I assumed it was being asked for incorrectly for a Tourist Visa (Single Entry) but the system doesn't allow you to proceed to submit application until you have uploaded a PDF document for that Section. I basicually uploaded a doc with the Question cut & paste and the reply N/A. I'll see what they come back with.

I've done 2 COE's this year, London and Rome, found both embassies really helpful. If I remember correctly I think I just reposted my marriage certificate. They did not accept PDF files only jpeg.

On 8/3/2021 at 12:30 PM, Upnotover said:

Got delivered today Upnotover! Great news.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2021 at 1:16 AM, ubonjoe said:

You could apply for a tourist visa or enter visa exempt and then apply for a non-o visa at immigration. To apply for the visa you would 800k baht in a Thai bank on the day you apply Then apply for a one year extension during the last 30 day of the 90 day entry. 

The only insurance that would be required is the $100,000 covid 19 insurance valid for your length of stay (60 days). The insurance is can be issued up to the age of 99. See: https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

Thanks Ubonjoe. I am due my third AZ jab in October and will be in touch after my anticioated arrival in November. Thanks again fort your always helpful advice.

fgmr