how to deal with transport to the airport whilst there is the curfew in BKK

OKF

Hi there,

a friend is flying out to Germany after midnight end of the week. He tells me that there is no Taxis after 8,30 h. A friend can bring him in his car. Do they have to expect any troubles on the way? Because when you fly 2 a.m. in the morning you cannot be there 8.30 bus that would be ridiculous. Does anyone have any experiences?

22 minutes ago, OKF said:

there are no taxis after 8.30 from what I hear?

like someone said before   drive very early and check-in at a close to Suvharnaboum airport,

or try to get a letter from example police about the necessity to break curfew because need to go Airport to leave Thailand.

some exceptions on curfew , as i see regular driving after 9 even late on my road 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Preorder a cab, reconfirm 2 hours before needed,

CABB, Bolt or other.

The curfew does not affect departing passengers as long as you travel directly 

The cab knows the drill for return

Be careful with Bolt as the drivers don't know where you're going until they pick you up & so can refuse to take you when they find out (had 2 drivers refuse to take me from Pattaya to Bangkok last Thursday as they didn't want to do the trip). 

Grab seems a little better but was asking twice the price of Bolt so I ended up phoning the 3rd Bolt driver to explain we were going to Bangkok & he also didn't want to do the trip but arranged for one of his friends to take us. 

If I had to be at the airport for an early morning flight I would get a taxi before 8PM and see the time out in one of the lounges (900 THB will get you all you can eat/drink in one of the Priority Pass lounges). 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1

There are already reports of people taking friends/colleagues to the airport after 9pm and returning perfectly ok.

Ask your local policeman and he'll probably confirm.

Or, like everyone else suggests, go really early to avoid the risk.

• Like 1

well 8.30 pm to 2 am is not 2 more hours....Also when you have a more then 20 h journey in front of you having run a round all day you certainly doing not want to sit there 6 hours to wait for your flight...

On 8/3/2021 at 8:31 PM, OKF said:

a friend is flying out to Germany after midnight end of the week. He tells me that there is no Taxis after 8,30 h. A friend can bring him in his car. Do they have to expect any troubles on the way? Because when you fly 2 a.m. in the morning you cannot be there 8.30 bus that would be ridiculous. Does anyone have any experiences?

If a friend is happy to take him to the airport give him a copy of the flight ticket, if he's stopped he can prove the reason of his travel at that time.

yeah that is the plan and they will make a photo at the airport to. That should cover fine and we expect the coppers to sit home in the early mng anyway. 

Thx for all your input.

What about travel from airport to BKK after curfew?  Not arriving by flight but will be dropped off at Suvanabumi between 2100 and 2200 hrs (after completing Phuket sandbox), and need to travel into BKK.  Are there likely to be taxis available?

Thanks, RS

17 hours ago, RickSee said:

What about travel from airport to BKK after curfew?  Not arriving by flight but will be dropped off at Suvanabumi between 2100 and 2200 hrs (after completing Phuket sandbox), and need to travel into BKK.  Are there likely to be taxis available?

Thanks, RS

Grateful if anyone out there has any info on this .

Thanks, RS 

Thx for all feedback: So my friend was brought to airport last night and even friends in another car followed. On way back one got pulled out and they showed foto and ticket and everything was fine.

For the benefit of others who might be in the same situation some time soon, I recently saw an advertisement from Grab for taxi services during curfew hours, specifically to travel to the airport or to a hospital. That's what I'd use in order not to bother anyone else to leave their home during curfew to give me a ride.