Install Error

mrt273nva

i have 'ms office 2007' and 'ms expression web 2007'

i get an error that they can not be installed because it can not update one or more of the protected windows files.

<deleted>? how do i fix this problem? has anyone seen it before? i need help.

(edit - typo)

Edited by mrt273nva

Guest Reimar
This is happens with some of the cracked version of Windows! :o:D

so how is it fixed?

According to the forum rules I can tell you only: Use a Original version of Windows!! :D

so how is it fixed?

According to the forum rules I can tell you only: Use a Original version of Windows!! :D

i am using an original version of windows. the problem is installing office. how do i fix it?

Guest Reimar

so how is it fixed?

i am using an original version of windows. the problem is installing office. how do i fix it?

If you use a original Windows with original Key (you didn't mentioned which Windows you use) and you have the original CD's from both Windows and Office 2007, it seems to be more a hardware problem than a software problem.

Start with your memory. If its older parts, clean the "feets" with an pencil rubber.

If you've more than 1 Memorycard inside, take out the other card('s) and check to install again. If this don't work, change the Memorycard to an other and start again and so on. may it works with one card and after installation you can place back the other cards.

If they're DDR2 you need to check the memory is 100% compatible with the mainboard. Some Memorycards work on some MB's only, special DDR2!

DDR2 Memorycards are low quality cards because the manufacturer didn't place any ECC chip on the DDR2 cards while DDR (1) still have the ECC chip on board! That's while the price of DDR2 is so much lower than for DDR! And here came the new MB's in conflict also because the Memeory Controler for the DDR2 MB's areiuch cheaper also as the Controler for DDR Memory.

Hope you've luck.

Cheers

so how is it fixed?

If you use a original Windows with original Key (you didn't mentioned which Windows you use) and you have the original CD's from both Windows and Office 2007, it seems to be more a hardware problem than a software problem.

Start with your memory. If its older parts, clean the "feets" with an pencil rubber.

If you've more than 1 Memorycard inside, take out the other card('s) and check to install again. If this don't work, change the Memorycard to an other and start again and so on. may it works with one card and after installation you can place back the other cards.

If they're DDR2 you need to check the memory is 100% compatible with the mainboard. Some Memorycards work on some MB's only, special DDR2!

DDR2 Memorycards are low quality cards because the manufacturer didn't place any ECC chip on the DDR2 cards while DDR (1) still have the ECC chip on board! That's while the price of DDR2 is so much lower than for DDR! And here came the new MB's in conflict also because the Memeory Controler for the DDR2 MB's areiuch cheaper also as the Controler for DDR Memory.

Hope you've luck.

Cheers

i doubt it is a hardware problem because the system is running fine otherwise. has anyone had a similar problem like this befre?

(i'm running XP Pro SR2)

Guest Reimar

I had that problem twice and both was the memory! That problem was within installation only!

The other problems I know was ith copy CD's!! Efven copies from original CD's!

I had that problem twice and both was the memory! That problem was within installation only!

what did you do to get around it?

Guest Reimar

Read my post's above and you've the answer!

alright. thanks buddy. i'll give it a shot after i i'm done screwing with some dll files. i'll let you know how it goes.

Guest Reimar

alright. thanks buddy. i'll give it a shot after i i'm done screwing with some dll files. i'll let you know how it goes.

Many Luck!

Cheers!