Thai Solicitor For Making A Thai Will

JetsetBkk

Not sure where to post this, but as I live in Phuket....

I want to make a Thai Will using a Thai solicitor and a UK Will using a UK solicitor.

My financial adviser reckons that would be the best way to get my finances sorted out when I'm dead.  angel.gif.f4247fe32dcb92221e32f4cf87ad6835.gif

So, has anyone made a Thai Will and did you use a Thai solicitor to do it?

Thanks for any information you can give.

There have been quite a few topics like this in the past,you should be able to find them in search.

Yes you can use a Thai solicitor or download examples.

All depends how difficult your financial situation is,if not complicated you can make a will and store it

at the Tessabahn,very low costs.(under 100 baht i believe)

Using a solicitor can be up to 10 000 baht.

If you are not sure i would talk to a solicitor first,if there are a few in your area contact them all and ask about prices.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jvs said:

There have been quite a few topics like this in the past, you should be able to find them in search.

I searched for "solicitor" "Everywhere" - and got two results - your post and mine!  ???? 

I don't think searching for "Will" WILL give what I want. (I did it anyway and got 74 pages!) 

• Like 1

Try Google.  Search engines on forums often suck, even when powered by Google.  

But going to Google’s website and searching for the same thing can give better results.  

site:ThaiVisa.com “Thai wills” 

Also, remember there are other terms for solicitor.  

lawyer, attorney, law office 

And Google is very good if you give it the context.  Yes, “Thai will” may sound like it would give too general of a search but if you sprinkle in context into your search, Google will understand that you mean a legal will and are not referring to “will” as an action.  

For instance:

Legal will Thailand

will lawyers Thailand 

Legal Will template Thailand 

If you haven’t noticed, most of the legal firms in Thailand don’t use “solicitor” and call themselves law offices.  

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, digibum said:

Try Google.  Search engines on forums often suck, even when powered by Google.  

But going to Google’s website and searching for the same thing can give better results.  

site:ThaiVisa.com “Thai wills” 

Also, remember there are other terms for solicitor.  

lawyer, attorney, law office 

And Google is very good if you give it the context.  Yes, “Thai will” may sound like it would give too general of a search but if you sprinkle in context into your search, Google will understand that you mean a legal will and are not referring to “will” as an action.  

For instance:

Legal will Thailand

will lawyers Thailand 

Legal Will template Thailand 

If you haven’t noticed, most of the legal firms in Thailand don’t use “solicitor” and call themselves law offices.  

Excellent info! Thanks very much. ????

Quite a few years ago I used the law office in Patong on Nanai Rd, opposite the never completed Park condo project, and just south of Kelly's Residence.  It's run by Khun Joy, who is well known in the community. At the time she was doing other work for me as well, so I don't know what the cost was for the Thai will alone but I don't think it was much.

• Like 1