Just looked at a house for sale. Is this photo termites?

bbabythai

On 8/5/2021 at 7:11 PM, steven100 said:

if it's cheap enough and you can witness no infestation inside,  however this is difficult unless you can remove architraves and skirting boards, which i'm sure the sellers won't like or even agree to. 

you need a chisel and a claw hammer.

Our old house had termites.I found a farang exterminator and he sorted it all out.They drilled several deep 3/8 inch holes around the perimeter of the place and pumped poison down there.No sign of them any more .He comes around once or twice a year.

In my mooban they've either torn down or rebuilt half a dozen houses because of this. Don't buy a house with wood roof trusses, thats where they get you because they can chew away undetected until its too late.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 12:00 PM, Nong Khai Man said:

I Reckon ANY Acid will see them off !!

That is where your reckoning is completely faulty, along with your knowledge of chemistry and the functions of insecticides.

But you can try acetic, citric, hydrofluoric, sulfuric, nitric, hydrochloric acids etc and as long as they don’t kill of any of your pets or young neighbours you will also find they do nothing to termites.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Confused 1

On 8/10/2021 at 9:10 AM, sometimewoodworker said:

That is where your reckoning is completely faulty, along with your knowledge of chemistry and the functions of insecticides.

But you can try acetic, citric, hydrofluoric, sulfuric, nitric, hydrochloric acids etc and as long as they don’t kill of any of your pets or young neighbours you will also find they do nothing to termites.

O.K. Then NO Problemo.....