Nok Air Phuket - U-Tapao flights to continue

snoop1130

At least there is some clarity for now, until 18th August to be precise. Not good enough but improvement for some. I think we should cheer for it as we know it is a rarity that someone in charge at least have a plan until 18th August.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChC1 said:

At least there is some clarity for now, until 18th August to be precise. Not good enough but improvement for some. I think we should cheer for it as we know it is a rarity that someone in charge at least have a plan until 18th August.

"Plan' is a term unknown in Thailand

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, pagallim said:

Looks like some international flights to the Sandbox are going to be pulled imminently.

My September ticket to Phuket with Turkish Airlines has already been canceled by the airline.

Edited by Espanol

43 minutes ago, Espanol said:

My September ticket to Phuket with Turkish Airlines has already been canceled by the airline

It is interesting, I went to have a look after your post. It is indeed Turkish Airlines are not selling any ticket to Phuket any more. Can't find any fares on the system.

However, Singapore Airlines is still twice daily between Singapore and Phuket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Espanol said:

My September ticket to Phuket with Turkish Airlines has already been canceled by the airline.

With the Delta variant spreading in Thailand (including Phuket), it will be a good face-saving excuse to close the "Phuket Sandbox" scheme. If/When the covid situation improves, the scheme can be re-introduced in the high season when traditionally more real "winter tourists" are coming from Europe.  They usually stay longer and the hoops that they have to jump through are more palatable.