Package Delivery People, Unsung Heros?

Saraburi121

I use Lazada a fair bit and out our way Flash does most deliveries.  I often wonder how they make any money considering most deliveries are only 30 baht and that includes pick up.  You would have to have a high volume to make any money at that rate,

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zhounan said:

Working class.

The most exploited, most denigrated people, but the only ones who keep the world going, despite millions of state parasites and salarimans.

Agree. I felt awful because I had to call Lazada to track a package that was status 'delivered' but I never received. Turns out it was delivered to a neighbor who brought it over after she got home from work....but they gave the poor guy hell ...he had to call me an apologize, he had to come out to my house after hours (8 pm) and take photos of the package and Wai profusely. When he called I could hear baby screaming in the background....felt bad but no other option to track package. GF said if they had too many complaints they would drop him like a rock. The label was extremely small type, I could see how someone could miss the house number too

Edited by tonray

7 hours ago, Saraburi121 said:

Have to ask what is a "salarimans"?  I googled it but came up with nothing definite.  Sorry but never heard the term used. 

It's a term used in Japan for "salary Man"...a company drone

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThaiFelix said:

I use Lazada a fair bit and out our way Flash does most deliveries.  I often wonder how they make any money considering most deliveries are only 30 baht and that includes pick up.  You would have to have a high volume to make any money at that rate,

Yes its all about numbers

• Like 1

Great people!

Lazada, Shoppe, Thai Post.

Always reliable here in the darkest recesses of Issan.

Were ordering diapers, baby milk, water pumps.

Always delivered.

Added caveat is that there 20-30% cheaper than the monopolized stores here owned by two families.

• Like 2

Thankfully in BKK food delivery is there i always tip nicely for them as they deserve it.  Could not live without deliveries and lazada and grab food ect.

They really keep Thailand going deserve a lot more respect then they get.

• Like 2