Transfer from an old outdated PC Line account to phone.

up2you2

On my phone the following message is coming up on my Line account: line 9.12.0 no longer supported

So I know want to open a new Line account on my mobile phone.
But at the same time be able to transfer my existing Line data to it, is this possible please, and if so how can I do it?

4 minutes ago, mahjongguy said:

Isn't Line saying "please update me"? So go to Google Play and get the latest.

It is, but for some reason the browser on it will not connect. I do not have an internet account, and solely use WiFi.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, mahjongguy said:

But your browser isn't part of this equation. Find the Play Store app on your phone, use it to search for the LINE app. 

In accessing the Play Store app, it finds it, however the same message appears: Versions older than Line 9.12.0 no longer supported. Please update your app.

For what it's worth, the current version of LINE for Android is 11.31.2. 

When you go to the Play Store and search for "line app", and choose the selection titled "line app", you should then be offered  the green INSTALL button.

If not, your Android system must truly be years out of date.

16 minutes ago, up2you2 said:

In accessing the Play Store app, it finds it, however the same message appears: Versions older than Line 9.12.0 no longer supported. Please update your app.

When, precisely, does that message appear? When you open Play Store? When you try to Install the LINE app? Provided with enough details, someone here with give you an explanation and advice on how to proceed.

7 minutes ago, mahjongguy said:

For what it's worth, the current version of LINE for Android is 11.31.2. 

When you go to the Play Store and search for "line app", and choose the selection titled "line app", you should then be offered  the green INSTALL button.

If not, your Android system must truly be years out of date.

When, precisely, does that message appear? When you open Play Store? When you try to Install the LINE app? Provided with enough details, someone here with give you an explanation and advice on how to proceed.

Go to Google Play, Line comes up straight away, press open, Update Message appears. Yes the phone is old, ASUS Zenfone 5.

What version of android is it running ?

No idea, how and where do I find these details please?

My wife got the same message the other day - phone is too old ( android version, samsung Grand 2 ) - it's her backup Thai phone. She needs to move the SIM to a new phone. Can check the version in About Phone - it basically won't upgrade the version. I spent 30 mins trying various ways with no luck.