Immigration bust "Jay Wan Gang" transporting illegal migrants from Bangkok to Isaan

webfact

9pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Thailand's chief of immigration Lt-Gen Sompong "Big Oud" Chingduang gave details of the bust of a gang called "Jay Wan" transporting Laotian migrants from Bangkok to the north east, reported Naew Na.

Numerous sources including social media had informed immigration that a gang was operating transporting Laotians out of the Thai capital.

Bookings were made on Facebook with the migrants being charged between 1,700 and 2,200 baht to be taken to Mukdahan, Nong Khai, Ubon Ratchathani and Nakhon Phanom on a large bus.

Through Facebook the migrants were given times to meet taxis and vans and were then taken to a quiet mustering area on five rai of land in Bangkok where there was a vehicle repair yard. It was kitted out with toilet facilities for the migrants.

Immigration operatives followed the movements of a taxi and a bus then when the mustering area was revealed they pounced. 

There were 51 migrants of which 16 were illegals and 13 on overstay. Two workers at the garage were also arrested for illegal employment. 

Five Thai members of the gang were also arrested. 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, rbkk said:

So, the migrants were trying to get home because their Thai employers had no work for them? I feel like they should be thanked (For doing the jobs Thais feel are beneath them) and helped on their way. Those overcharging for transporting the migrants should be arrested. The migrants should be freely vaccinated and helped on their way. 

I read the article as not going HOME, they were being transported out of Bangkok to another or other location to work, this is the major reason why the virus continues to spread?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thailand49 said:

I read the article as not going HOME, they were being transported out of Bangkok to another or other location to work, this is the major reason why the virus continues to spread?

Why their destinations are border towns then? They were buying tickets on facebook to travel home.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rbkk said:

Why their destinations are border towns then? They were buying tickets on facebook to travel home.

Just not the way I reading it?  just because you feel they are taken to border towns doesn't mean they are crossing the border maybe they are going to be assigned work there?  The fact the gang is being charged with illegal employment makes me think they are being shuttle around paying for the privilege to having work?

The reference to Facebook by you " travel home "  is that your assumption because that isn't what the article indicates.

Edited by thailand49
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

Just not the way I reading it?  just because you feel they are taken to border towns doesn't mean they are crossing the border maybe they are going to be assigned work there?  The fact the gang is being charged with illegal employment makes me think they are being shuttle around paying for the privilege to having work?

The reference to Facebook by you " travel home "  is that your assumption because that isn't what the article indicates.

They were being taken to the border crossings in the 4 Isaan towns. Click on the link in the article "Naew Na" and use a translation tool.

Thais don't want to sow rice.  Back breaking work.

Seems they were well taken care of and would get jobs.

Win win situation.

The reason they got busted?!?

Someone didnt get there cut,.

For sure!

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

paying for the privilege to having work?

Thats it.

Totally common occurence.

Government was just reporting a shortage of immigrant labor.  One of the reasons Thais want to open the borders with Laos and Cambodia.

10 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Thats it.

Totally common occurence.

Government was just reporting a shortage of immigrant labor.  One of the reasons Thais want to open the borders with Laos and Cambodia.

People have the right to believe what they want and read.  The problem is not only those two countries you listed but Myanmar people should do some back tracking and connect the dots?  Thousands of Myanmar immigrants were leaving India, China when it comes to India the reports are well known, as for China anyone who believes their numbers what more can I say.

They couldn't work in those countries so guess where they ended up a major reason for the outbreak in Thailand. The continuous blaming of finger pointing at foreigners to just to take the focus off their mistake all they got to do is look in the mirror. Right now the majority of the infected comes from local markets and their factories.

• Like 1