Post x-rays to UK

kimamey

Does anybody know what might be the best way to post some dental x-rays to the UK. There's no financial value in them and losing them would just be annoying. 

My guess would just be the Thai postal service but if anyone has a better idea then I may try that.

I think I used Thai Post when I had to return documents to the UK when I sold my house to my daughter and that worked ok. I'm sure most of them were just emailed to me and I printed them out so if they were lost I'd just have to do it again.

17 hours ago, kimamey said:

Does anybody know what might be the best way to post some dental x-rays to the UK.

Postal EMS - I've used that for both contracts and (small) value items for auction, it's (pre-covid) fast and track-able all the way...:thumbsup:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

Postal EMS - I've used that for both contracts and (small) value items for auction, it's (pre-covid) fast and track-able all the way...:thumbsup:

I think that's what I used for my property contract so it looks the best way. Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malthebluff said:

Scan them and email them

I'm not sure how easy it is to scan an x-ray which relies on light passing through it. As I'm in the UK I'd have to get my wife to get it scanned so I'll have stick with the postal service I think. These are vital to my health so it's worth the risk.

14 hours ago, Puccini said:

Get a copy of the digital images from the dentist, upload these images to the cloud (eg Dropbox, Goole Photos, etc) and give whomever needs access to them the URL.

These were from January last year and are more for general interest for my dentist who I know professionally rather than for important health reasons.

14 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

My Thai dentist (Thonglor Dental Hospital) emailed my last full dental xrays to my US dentist without any issue.

I'm sure that would be the case for any reputable dental practise

These are from January last year so maybe not possible. Given that these are more for interest I will probably just use post.

3 hours ago, kimamey said:

These were from January last year and are more for general interest for my dentist who I know professionally rather than for important health reasons.

In your post above this one you said that they were vital to your health, now they are for general interest. Make your mind up.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

In your post above this one you said that they were vital to your health, now they are for general interest. Make your mind up.

Well spotted. That should read.

These aren't vital to my health so it's worth the risk.

Just spoken to my wife and she can't find them at the moment so she may have solved the problem ????

On 8/31/2021 at 3:38 PM, kimamey said:

I'm not sure how easy it is to scan an x-ray which relies on light passing through it.

Good point. Wish I had the expertise to judge on that.

A classic x-ray can not be scanned on a household device that's for sure.

"Classic": I am also not convinced that every dentist here has digital equipment to store x-rays in high resolution. More likely classic film only? Ask him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

"Classic": I am also not convinced that every dentist here has digital equipment to store x-rays in high resolution. More likely classic film only? Ask him.

9 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

They were all women and I think the first one I saw in Khon Kaen was non digital. The second was definitely digital but they printed it out as well but it's been a while so I'm not sure they'd still have it.

My wife has found it now although there was a little damage but she's sent it anyway. I'll let you know if and when it arrives.

11 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

My dentist in Phuket had them digital 10 years ago.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

My dentist in Phuket had them digital 10 years ago.

They would certainly have them in the sort of areas where foreign tourists and medical tourists and foreigners in general tend to go. Having said that it was the other way round for me. Up to date in Mahasarakham and a bit behind the times in Khon Kaen but I suspect that's unusual.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. I've received the x-rays my wife posted. 

Looking at the details on the envelope it seems she posted it at 12.45 on 1st September and it was delivered to me in the afternoon on the 17th.

On the Parcelforce label it says 'Correlation date 15 Sep' which I guess would be the date it was entered into the UK postal service or at least when Parcelforce took charge of it.

Not too bad. At least it got here and I believe there was a quicker service if needed.