Free Pfizer jab in Chiang Mai but you better hurry!

David T Pike

I just got my first Pfizer jab at Promenade Mall and go back on the 23rd for my 2nd shot! 

Most Farangs in Chiang Mai will fit into one of these categories! 

Here's the email I got:

Health Alert: Walk-in Pfizer vaccinations at Promenada Mall on August 31 and September 1 and McCormick Hospital on September 1 and 2 (August 30, 2021)

According to the Chiang Mai Provincial Public Health Office, Pfizer vaccinations for non-vaccinated foreign residents in Chiang Mai will be available as listed below. Note that locations and other details may change at the last minute, please follow the COVID International Community Support Chiang Mai Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/covid.int.cm/) for additional updates.

Tuesday, August 31 from 09:00 to 15:00 at Promenada Mall: Walk-in Pfizer vaccinations for U.S. citizens and other foreign nationals who were born between 1951 and 1956. Promenada Mall is located at 192-193 Moo 2, MUANG, Chiang Mai 50000. 

Wednesday, September 1 from 09:00 to 11:00 at McCormick Hospital: Appointment and walk-in Pfizer vaccinations for U.S. citizens and other foreign nationals who were born in 1951 or earlier OR are pregnant (more than 12 weeks) OR have a certificate of underlying health conditions (renal, cardio-vascular, pulmonary only). If you already received an appointment confirmation for September 1 at McCormick Hospital then that appointment is still valid.  If you need a wheelchair or other special assistance then please email [email protected] with the subject line “OVER 70 SPECIAL APPOINTMENT” and include your given name, surname, date of birth (DDMMMYYYY ex. 21Aug1949), 13 digit registration number that you received after registering with the Wall of Chiang Mai system (which should begin with the digits “600”), passport number, phone number, and email address.

Wednesday, September 1 from 09:00 to 15:00 at Promenada Mall: Walk-in Pfizer vaccinations for U.S. citizens and other foreign nationals who were born between 1957 and 1961

Thursday, September 2 from 09:00 to 11:00 at McCormick Hospital: Walk-in Pfizer vaccinations for U.S. citizens and other foreign nationals with underlying health conditions (neurovascular, cancer, diabetes, obesity (weight > 100 kilograms)).

Regular updates about queue length and the situation at Promenada Mall on August 31 and September 1 will be posted on the COVID International Community Support Chiang Mai Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/covid.int.cm/).  Please follow this page for additional updates.

According to the Chiang Mai Provincial Public Health Office this vaccination is only for individuals who have not previously been vaccinated.  The Chiang Mai Provincial Public Health Office stated that registrations will be checked and fraud will lead to ineligibility for all future vaccinations from the Royal Thai Government.

U.S. citizens seeking walk-in vaccinations should bring their U.S. passport and the 13 digit registration number from the Wall of Chiang Mai system (which should begin with the digits “600”).

If you have not already registered in the Wall of Chiang Mai system (https://www.cm-healthcare.net/CMCVR) and expatvac.consular.go.th then you should register immediately.

Individuals who are under 60 years of age and have underlying health conditions should bring a medical report and their daily medications.

Individuals who are more than 12 weeks pregnant should bring a medical report.

Walk-in vaccinations will be available on a first-come-first-served basis.

According to the Chiang Mai Provincial Public Health Office all guidelines at the walk-in vaccinations will be strictly enforced, and customers eligible for vaccination must comply with the above criteria. Individuals who do not comply will be turned away and asked to wait for a later date.

U.S. citizens can visit the COVID-19 Information page of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok for the latest information.

Other resources include:

Actions to Take:

• Research relevant travel restrictions and requirements before embarking on any domestic and international travel;
  • Monitor local media and our Embassy website for updates;
  • Check your email regularly for further alerts;
  • Continue COVID-19 precautions, including mask use and social distancing;
  • Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information; and,
  • Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.

Assistance:

• U.S. Consulate General Chiang Mai, Thailand (serving U.S. citizens in Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Kamphaengphet, Lampang, Lamphun, Mae Hong Son, Nan, Petchabun, Phayao, Phichit, Phitsanulok, Phrae, Sukhothai, Tak, and Uttaradit provinces)
    Telephone: +66 053 107 700
    +66 2 205 4000 (after hours)
    Email: 
    [email protected]

• State Department – Consular Affairs
    888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444

David.  Am going tomorrow.  Are we getting any type of vaccination card with the jab?  My work will require one when I get ready to travel end of October.   I assume we are getting some type of paper with it?  Probably a stupid question I realize, but after years here ... I've realized there aren't any stupid questions.    ????

Got my 1st jab on Wednesday.  I did a post about it on a different response.  But, went fine.  Bit haphazard IMO with the way its being run for the folks not in the age bracket.  And also seems that every few days they release another 200 doses for a new group, adjusting the age bracket by 10 years.  Seems to be all walk-ins really.

Got my 2nd jab for the 22nd.  They will note it in my UN WHO yellow passport.  Done and dusted.