Vaccination appointment - Pfizer or Sinovac+AstraZeneca

nabbie

Hi, I am little confused with PhuketWin & may I ask for your opinion...& I appreciate your time. 

I received SMS from PhuketWin yesterday saying:

The exact words are:  Pfizer vaccine is available for foreign residents aged over 60 years on 9Sep. First come First serve: www.bit.ly/3DyMSKi

I have submitted for registrating my name with details. Then I am told to wait while pending within 24 hours.

This morning, I check my status via https://check.xn--12cmj6ba0a7b3g4a6fud5d2a.com/checkf.php

The final response:  Approved & date 03/9/2021 using Sinovac + AstraZeneca  instead of Pfizer on 9 Sept 2021.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Pfizer is likely more effective, but the combo of the 2 isn't bad either, and seems better than 2x Astra, especially if you take the long waiting time for AZ into consideration.

If you are planning on travel outside Thailand, however, this could be trouble, as mix and match vaccination would not be seen favourably in other countries, and you might be treated as if you weren't vaccinated at all (mandatory quarantine, refused travel, etc.).

11 minutes ago, nabbie said:

Hi, I am little confused with PhuketWin & may I ask for your opinion...& I appreciate your time. 

I would suggest you contact them and ask the question, i.e. can I get Pfizer and if they say yes, then ask, do I need to register online or just come on the 9th and then take it from there.

I walked into a Provincial Health Department to register as there was no online registration, received Pfizer then next day.

Ask questions about SHA+ , SHABA via inbox www.facebook.com/SandboxPhuket
For inquiries about congenital diseases, please contact the Phuket Provincial Public Health Office at 094-5938876 or 062-2435116.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I walked into a Provincial Health Department to register as there was no online registration, received Pfizer then next day.

Especially I am profoundly deaf and I can not use the phone numbers for clarifying. Visiting Provincial Health Department will probably be my best option.  I will go there today. Many thanks.    

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Sorry, I forget to ask you if you can please tell me the full address of that place. Is that near Phuket Town? 

25 minutes ago, nabbie said:

Especially I am profoundly deaf and I can not use the phone numbers for clarifying. Visiting Provincial Health Department will probably be my best option.  I will go there today. Many thanks.    

Make sure you take your passport with you and any docs of pre-existing medical conditions in case they register you on the post.

Best of luck

7 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Make sure you take your passport with you and any docs of pre-existing medical conditions in case they register you on the post.

Best of luck

Thanks, I gather it is Narisson Rd, ตำบล ตลาดใหญ่ Mueang Phuket District, Phuket 83000.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, nabbie said:

Sorry, I forget to ask you if you can please tell me the full address of that place. Is that near Phuket Town? 

I found it on Google maps but it the link won't work if I try and share it with you, it's basically on the corners of Narisson Road and Surin Road with it's actual entrance being in Narisson Road.

If you have Google maps, type in: phuket provincial public health office and it will come up for you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I just got back from Provincial Health Dept & I am pleased to say that they are very helpful & rearranging the date for Pfizer. That is it.  Hope others will be entitled to that too. Cheers.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nabbie said:

I just got back from Provincial Health Dept & I am pleased to say that they are very helpful & rearranging the date for Pfizer. That is it.  Hope others will be entitled to that too. Cheers.   

Well done, that is great news, thank you for the update and the very best of luck to you.

• Like 1