Proof of residence

Tayida

There is no address listed on a 90-Day Report receipt.  There is an address on your current TM-30 receipt, however.  I don't know whether this would be accepted.  The only evidence I have seen specifically mentioned is a house registration book (tabian bahn), blue for Thai, yellow for foreigner.

Can you leave Phuket, visit Phang Nga, and return to Phuket the same day without showing a negative covid test within 72 hours of entry?  I wouldn't think so.  Upon returning to Phuket how would you prove you were in Phang Nga for just a day?  Also, my understanding is that everyone has to show vaccination proof, negative covid test within 72 hours of entry, and prove that they are in one of the allowed categories of people:  people who live in or work in Phuket, returning Sandboxers, tourists (after September 8 ) if they can show previously booked and paid for accommodations in Phuket, ticketed international departures from Phuket Airport on the day of flight, and other exceptions.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, skatewash said:

A recent report from Monday:

Reports of actual people's experiences are useful, BUT I think it's better to understand what the rules are.  If you meet those rules, whether or not you actually end up having to prove everything at the checkpoint, you can be reasonably sure of being successful.  Just because they didn't check the person in front of you doesn't mean they won't check you.  Meet the requirements and you should be OK.  Depend on lax enforcement and one day you'll be unpleasantly surprised.

Do you think the address on your 90 day report card is enough?

Just now, JetsetBkk said:

Card? It's a piece of paper.

I have a TM30 receipt in my passport which DOES have my name and address on it.

This can be used as a proof of residence for exit and re-enter Phuket?

2 minutes ago, Tayida said:

This can be used as a proof of residence for exit and re-enter Phuket?

Maybe.  I don't have any personal experience with trying that.  The TM-30 isn't listed specifically as documentation showing you reside in Phuketl.  It's evidence of a sort that when the receipt was given to you immigration believed that's where you lived.  It would be enough for me, but I'm not manning the checkpoint at Tha Chatchai. ????

I'm easy, I would accept a Thai driver's license showing your address in Phuket (address is in Thai on the back of a Thai driver's license), or a pink ID card with Phuket address.  I would even accept bill from a utility like CAT Internet or PEA electric bills.

If you showed up with a blue or yellow house registration book then I'm pretty sure you would meet the residency requirement.  Barring that, I would be guessing if something is accepted or not.

• Like 1